Discussion on Trading course by Yogeshwar Vashishtha

cheeku

Dear members,
Recently I attended 'Trading course by Yogeshwar Vashishtha' organised by Pathfinders. I wish to share my experiences (could not share in earlier thread, as that has been closed http://www.traderji.com/seminars-tutors/103677-trading-course-yogeshwar-vashishtha-3.html).

First of all, most of the course content is very basic. Almost all the learning material is available as free on internet. If don't want to read, then videos of Marketguru are equally enlightening and are free: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheForexGurukul/videos

On the very first day some very basic ebooks are provided as email attachment. Then on first weekend one gets link to webinars. All webinars are too basic (at least for me it was total waste, better resources are availabble online - for free).

Considering the cost of course I supposed this course will be pretty advance. But it is too basic. There is no teaching about trading softwares like Amibroker, etc. Only the charts available in TradeTiger are used. Most of the time it is combination of Supertrend, Moving Averages and PSar on Candle Stick or Renko charts. The combinations of these indicators have been given fancy names.

Yogeshwar sir is a good trader. I have serious doubt. (Why would he trade when he is charging around Rs 40,000- per student and have about 200- online students with him at any time and besides, some of students of Mumbai are in offline mode also. Besides, trading room charges are additional. Course on options has additional charges. Yet these charges don't prove that he is not a good trader.) I conclude this because the rules that are taught regarding entry and exit are rarely followed in real time time trading and most of the times profit is earned through discretionary trading, which require years of experience in market.

Most annoying part for me was that a lot of time was wasted on discussion regarding irrelavent topics like health of Yogeshwar Sir's dog, studies of his son and shopping spree with wife, etc. We don't pay huge sum to hear this stuff.

No contact is allowed among the online students. You can't share your email, mobile number, etc. In nut shell there can't be any discussion among students.

If any member have any question please feel free to write. I will try to answer all questions on weekend.

Cheeku

pannet1

Most annoying part for me was that a lot of time was wasted on discussion regarding irrelavent topics like health of Yogeshwar Sir's dog, studies of his son and shopping spree with wife, etc. We don't pay huge sum to hear this stuff.
Hilarious stuff cheeku. When I saw the thread title, I thought "oh not again". Your post was well worth it.

He is nothing but a snake oil peddler, couple of years ago i had a Big fight with him over his views on the market ( he had a positive outlook in a falling market and he really lost face over his view but his followers lost a ton of money) , he took a sabbatical but is back with his seminars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

kingsmasher1

Dear members,
Recently I attended 'Trading course by Yogeshwar Vashishtha' organised by Pathfinders. I wish to share my experiences (could not share in earlier.

If any member have any question please feel free to write. I will try to answer all questions on weekend.

Cheeku
I haven't attended his paid course, but his free videos on youtube and concepts were enough to fetch me a good intraday profit when i started trading initially. :lol: :lol:

(Plus the courses on Zerodha varsity.)

pannet1

I haven't attended his paid course, but his free videos on youtube and concepts were enough to fetch me a good intraday profit when i started trading initially. :lol: :lol:

(Plus the courses on Zerodha varsity.)
hi kingsmasher1, can you post links of the videos if they are still out there.

In addition to the above views and for the people looking for feedback/ suggestion for this expensive online/ classroom course of Yogeshwar Vashishtha (pathfinder).......Here are my 2cents:-

He would organize an hour seminar at some 2/3 star hotel and would picturize his teaching about stock trading being the best available in the market. How he left is job and got into trading and now lives a life that everyone dreams off. He throws the lure by representing his past and present journey so dramatic and attractive that few people get caught in his bait and register immediately

Once enrolled his staff calls up and confirms the enrollment for the scheduled 4 day course, again at the same place where the promotional seminar was arranged (inclusive of lunch and Tea).
  • First day Fundamental basic and some formula to figure out the health of the company and find out stocks for long term investment. (Find better stuff online)
  • Second Day - Technical Analysis, where he will run through all the indicators and oscillators. (You can learn it online). Candlestick session - One of the worst session conducted and I have been part off.(Again, you can learn it online)
  • Third day - Live trading day, where he will do live trading. By end of the session on day 3 he will make everyone realize how difficult the trading is (which you get to realize only after putting 40k and he getting it in his account). Not to worry, he does have Plan B, which they prefer not to call it stock tips but trading room trades or learning curve subscription (Congratulation!!!! You are fooled again...)
  • Fourth day - Live trading and brief about options and future. The whole day is wasted in getting photograph and building his promotional videos from the current batch student, and promoting sharekhan.
(Another promotion) As per him option is difficult and should not be traded unless you learn it well (which is True) but take up a course his course and you will be pro (for enrollment, he will have a knowledge test online at a announced date, which in most likely case most of them are bound to clear)

As the day progress, you would realize you have made him rich and depleted your account by 40k, which could have been utilize in a much better way learning and investing for stock market.

His target audience are people who have lost money in the market, freshers and others who think, he will turn trading fortune in 4 days time. I would suggest learn through books and material available online and most importantly free. Their is hardly anyone available, who is looking for you progress, all are their to snatch money from you by engaging with you innocence and emotions.

- Story from one of the Victim