Discrepancy in 1 min and 1 Hour chart

Hi,
I am using a code for Renko chart in amibroker. However when I plot the chart for 1 hour and 1 minute the end value is very different in both. I am unable to understand why this is happening. Any suggestions?
Below are the charts for live data till 5th Aug 2 pm.

Below is the hourly chart

1564993599833.png

Below is the 1 min chart

1564993642333.png

Hi,
I am using a code for Renko chart in amibroker. However when I plot the chart for 1 hour and 1 minute the end value is very different in both. I am unable to understand why this is happening. Any suggestions?
Below are the charts for live data till 5th Aug 2 pm.

Below is the hourly chart

View attachment 36847

Below is the 1 min chart

View attachment 36848
It is due to the BRICK/BOX size parameter you have set. So in 1 Min, due to that limit, you will be having small boxes rather than what is seen in 1 Hour chart.

trash

Hi,
However when I plot the chart for 1 hour and 1 minute the end value is very different in both. I am unable to understand why this is happening. Any suggestions?
No code required... simply use your brain.

Renko is time independent and the higher the granularity the more price info you have.
1-min is less compressed than 1 hour.
A 1-year bar is much more compressed than 1 hour bar... and 1 min bar... and 1 second bar... and 1-tick bar. A single 1 year bar only has 1 open and 1 high and 1 low and 1 close.

Granularity.

A single 100 pound stone is different than two hands full of sand with millions of little stones.

trash

The number of Renko bars do not fit into the size of symbol array depending on brick size since arrays (OHLC) and array functions such as Plot() function are used and being bound to symbol's array size of length BarCount.

Matrix() is not bound to BarCount size. So...

Last edited:
The number of Renko bars do not fit into the size of symbol array depending on brick size since arrays (OHLC) and array functions such as Plot() function are used and being bound to symbol's array size of length BarCount.

Matrix() is not bound to BarCount size. So...
Thanks Man, atleast now I understand the issue. If you could also suggest some way to correct this I will be grateful.
Thanks again.