Discount Broker Comparison

To be honest there is very little to choose from RSKV/Zerodha/SASOnline/TSO as far as their per order plan is concerned....
RSKV@ Rs. 25/order is the costliest/Zerodha: with Rs. 20/order and TSO with Rs. 15/order lie in the middle and SAS with Rs. 9/order is the most economical

so for someone putting 100 orders in a month the brokerage would be :
1.)RSKV : 2500
2.)Zerodha : 2000
3.)TSO : 1500
4.)SAS : 900

One needs to decide what is significant in terms of saving in Rupee terms...Customer care or the Interface is the most important...if someone is offering a brilliant customer interface that should be the broker to go for and again it will vary with individual experiences....

Brokerage is for sure at its bottom ..I see little or no chances in these getting better to the extent of it being a factor in choosing a Broker....

Regards Everybody:thumb:

I really liked this initiative of bpr and will try to contribute in my own way at least I am aware and have seen majority of trading platforms so will try my best so that this thread becomes an unbiassed and neutral platform for anyone and everyone who is seeking either information or advice regarding selection of Discount Brokers

How can a customer check how many active clients; what is mechanism to check these number?? Either they say 500 or 2000 or more; can tell us how to check???
I have no idea on how to cross check this number, but zerodha has also advertised it on their website when they achieved 10000th client and somewhere they have written 4000+ active client. RKSV also said somewhere about their active client base.

To be honest there is very little to choose from RSKV/Zerodha/SASOnline/TSO as far as their per order plan is concerned....
RSKV@ Rs. 25/order is the costliest/Zerodha: with Rs. 20/order and TSO with Rs. 15/order lie in the middle and SAS with Rs. 9/order is the most economical

so for someone putting 100 orders in a month the brokerage would be :
1.)RSKV : 2500
2.)Zerodha : 2000
3.)TSO : 1500
4.)SAS : 900

One needs to decide what is significant in terms of saving in Rupee terms...Customer care or the Interface is the most important...if someone is offering a brilliant customer interface that should be the broker to go for and again it will vary with individual experiences....

Brokerage is for sure at its bottom ..I see little or no chances in these getting better to the extent of it being a factor in choosing a Broker....

what about the turnover costs? why u r not considering it?

what about the turnover costs? why u r not considering it?
You are right...and after considering Turnover Costs I have decided to open a new account with Trade Smart Online (TSO).....I will use an illustration to show the differences :

1.) Zerodha : In futures Zerodha charges the highest turnover charge of Rs. 390/crore

2.)RSKV : In futures RSKV charges the lowest turnover charge of Rs. 230/crore

3.)TSO : In futures they charge Rs. 240/crore

4.)SASOnline : they charge Rs. 250/crore in futures

To the best of my knowledge out of all these there is hardly any difference as far as turnover charges of these 4 brokers are concerned except Zerodha which is on a much much higher side

I selected TSO 4 the simple reason that it also has a DP of its own unlike the rest three....this gives an additional comfort and peace of mind...please correct me if anyone else also has a DP of its own....

Just compare a typical trader who does a volume of Rs. 10 crores in a month He pays

1. ) Zerodha : Rs.3900

2.)RSKV : Rs. 2300

3.) TSO : Rs. 2400

4.) SASOnline : Rs. 2500

On an average for someone doing a turnover of Rs. 10 crores Zerodha is costlier to the tune of Rs. 1400/month to SAS/ Rs. 1500/month compared to TSO and Rs.1600/month compared to RSKV...on a yearly basis this translates to savings to the tune of Rs. 16800 to Rs. 19200

Overall I felt TSO with its own DP will suit my requirements better and I had a brilliant experience interacting with its customer care...very fast and responsive

Last edited:

Creep

You are right...and after considering Turnover Costs I have decided to open a new account with Trade Smart Online (TSO).....I will use an illustration to show the differences :

1.) Zerodha : In futures Zerodha charges the highest turnover charge of Rs. 390/crore

To the best of my knowledge out of all these there is hardly any difference as far as turnover charges of these 4 brokers are concerned except Zerodha which is on a much much higher side

I selected TSO 4 the simple reason that it also has a DP of its own unlike the rest three....this gives an additional comfort and peace of mind...please correct me if anyone else also has a DP of its own....

Just compare a typical trader who does a volume of Rs. 10 crores in a month He pays

On an average for someone doing a turnover of Rs. 10 crores Zerodha is costlier to the tune of Rs. 1400/month to SAS/ Rs. 1500/month compared to TSO and Rs.1600/month compared to RSKV...on a yearly basis this translates to savings to the tune of Rs. 16800 to Rs. 19200

Overall I felt TSO with its own DP will suit my requirements better and I had a brilliant experience interacting with its customer care...very fast and responsive

Do let us know if you end up making money after saving all those costs.. :) .. Low costs is not necessarily good, especially the ones where you pay a monthly upfront fees.. I have seen a lot of my friends blow up their accounts in a hurry, just with the idea that since the brokerage is already paid, they can do whatever they want..

This whole low cost brokerage, is I think increasing the rate at which traders are getting out from the market.. I come once a while on this forum, everytime I come, new set of ID's which are active, and yeah this time around the activity on traderji itself seems dead...

One of my friend has opened a DP (lifetime charges 555) in India Infoline and has account in SASonline. He has just linked this external demat (as after paying 555 there is no AMC) which serves his purpose as a trader.

Do let us know if you end up making money after saving all those costs.. :) .. Low costs is not necessarily good, especially the ones where you pay a monthly upfront fees.. I have seen a lot of my friends blow up their accounts in a hurry, just with the idea that since the brokerage is already paid, they can do whatever they want..

This whole low cost brokerage, is I think increasing the rate at which traders are getting out from the market.. I come once a while on this forum, everytime I come, new set of ID's which are active, and yeah this time around the activity on traderji itself seems dead...
Taking an upfront brok paid plan is not a very good idea in first place, unless u r a very profitable trader with many trades in a day. Also one should not forget that even though it seems that brokerage cost is saved, but the stamp duty and turnover charges are always there for the trades done on prepaid brokerage.

If you are trading 10 crore on average per month in NSE then try to compare based on unlimited plans of SAS, RKSV and TSO..u will see how much difference it makes

Thanx Creep.
Your presence in this thread alerts new traders to do proper due-diligence (as much as possible) before opting for new discount brokerage.

You are very true about monthly fixed brokerage. It is human psychology that if we get something for free we may misuse it.
We should be careful during trading even if brokerage is very low. If your friends blew up their account, it is their fault not of discount brokerage.
With big broker also one can get bankrupt, if trades like a gambler.

I've my account with 2 Big and old online brokers, during occasional blood bath on D'Street, it becomes difficult even to login and to put orders becomes almost impossible on their websites also (because of high volume of clients traffic at once).

You see new ID (me also) every time you visit to this forum because this thread helps in Discount Broker Selection. Those who already selected their broker opt for other threads to get help in trading. I'll also become less frequent as soon as I'll select one.

Last but not least-
To venture in new path is always risky. It should depend on risk appetite of individual.

Share market itself is more risky but more rewarding than bank FD.
Derivative is more risky and more rewarding than Delivery.
Derivative with discount brokerage may be more risky and may be more rewarding than derivative with big names with high brokerage.

Big & Old firms may also some times go bankrupt- Lehmen Brothers (>100years old Giant of US economy)

Currency note also may become risky to keep- Rubal of Super power USSR.

WANT TO GET MORE SPEED FORGET BICYCLE & TAKE MOTORCAR (BUT NOT ROCKET)

It all depends on risk appetite- Do trading not gambling.

Only time will prove worthiness of discount brokerage, till now experience of Zerodha is in its favour.