Discount Broker Comparison

bpr

I have created this thread to do comparison of discount brokers.
There are lot of similar threads. But I did not find what I was looking for.
Need your help to get all the relevant information and keep it in one place.

I am currently with Zerodha and it is working for me as I am not that active in the market and has to take a break in trading every now and then due to personal work.

In the future when I will resume trading with huge volumes :) may be a more discount broker will be useful. Thus the thread.

bpr

There are 3 main costs associated with trading apart from the STT or CTT.
1 ) Brokerage
2) Turnover charge : This includes transaction charge clearing charge. Some broker divide these into 2 figures creating more confusion. So all such cost will come under this.
3) Stamp Duty: This is something that a lot of brokers does not even include in their calculator creating more confusion. This should not be ignored.

The other costs such as STT,CTT,Education Cess, Higher Education Cess,SEBI charges and service tax is same for all brokers thus can be ignored. Service tax varies based on the total brokerage but still can be ignored.
We will make the comparison only on the above points.

bpr

First we will consider the NSE FO or NFO for short. We will consider MCX separately.
BSE FO or BFO has not matured yet. Also the same case is MCX-SX FO. Some brokers provide trading on all or some of them. NFO is main thing that we will consider here.
I am not interested in NSE Cash /NSE Cash Intraday so will not include in the comparison.

Please validate all this data. Let me know if there is any wrong data. Also help me fill up the remaining fields.
Also suggest if we should include any other broker for comparison.

Last edited:
First we will consider the NSE FO or NFO for short. We will consider MCX separately.
BSE FO or BFO has not matured yet. Also the same case is MCX-SX FO. Some brokers provide trading on all or some of them. NFO is main thing that we will consider here.
I am not interested in NSE Cash /NSE Cash Intraday so will not include in the comparison.

Please validate all this data. Let me know if there is any wrong data. Also help me fill up the remaining fields.
Also suggest if we should include any other broker for comparison.
Turnover charges for VPS is 250/Cr