Discount Broker Comparison

brokenbull

On the topic of expenses more than income---Iam wondering how do zero commision (say Finvasia )brokers survive?
I do know when retail buy delivery stocks, broker debit customer 100% of the purchase amount but pay only MTM margin to NSE/settlement corporation.
Then Broker settle 100% funds of the bought stock amount on the T+2 eod to clearing corporation.
If a broker like upstocx with millon clients can make money on the bulk overnight intra corporate lending interest rates from customer amount ?
zerodha has say 2-3 million clients . what will be customer balance amount with them ?
same way Finvasia has 10000 active clients. Can they survive only on interest to pay for expenses (NO AMC also )

corporate accounts are current accounts, current account not able to earn interest as per banking rules..
They earn money from "other charges" (some brokers directly put in contract note, some other hidden charges ) including in transaction charges and other Trading related Business like API subscription,"DELAY payment charges" & etc..

Happy Trading..

And what about their other charges such as account opening and AMC?
There's no account opening charge and AMC in finvasia, but for option trading first they block whole margin for all legs and then they release margin to adjust margin benefit. so technically you have to keep complete margin for all legs to execute the trade.

There's no account opening charge and AMC in finvasia, but for option trading first they block whole margin for all legs and then they release margin to adjust margin benefit. so technically you have to keep complete margin for all legs to execute the trade.
what?? is this true, if so its a dealbreaker, what is use of margin getting freed up later if its not usable in spreads

AFAIK NEST is now off everywhere...
Don't like any broker's in-house desktop terminal either, including @Finvasia's Shoonya...

BEST is identical to NEST...
I know IIFL provides BEST...

Does anyone of you know, any other broker providing BEST?
I'm using NEST by Tradesmart. I think SAS also provides Nest.