Discount Broker Comparison

bpr

One day there was a strange instance with 5 Paisa. The order to book profit was placed at 9:17 am from the overnight position but the order got rejected and the reason was that the Market has not opened up for trading. This was the weirdest of all reasons.

This shook the confidence at large and after 5 days of such an instance this fiasco happened. Yesterday too there was login issue for 45 minutes with many clients.
similar issue happened to me in zerodha ...when closing a overnight position at 9:16 the error was your order outside price range ...
then after a minute i was able to place and close the position.
this happens at volatile market open ...there is delay in price feed starting for the ticker

cloudTrader

similar issue happened to me in zerodha ...when closing a overnight position at 9:16 the error was your order outside price range ...
then after a minute i was able to place and close the position.
this happens at volatile market open ...there is delay in price feed starting for the ticker
In 5 Paisa this order got executed at around 12:20 pm after communicating with the Support.

TracerBullet

Absolutely true and also the technical team is of a mediocre level. The database restart is the last resort which actually should not occur in such financially sensitive arena.
I am also not satisfied with 5p. Their are many little niggling issues with their api - nothing major so it was doable, but still reflecting badly on them. Their python client library is very poor and lacks testing effort. Still dev responded and fixed my blocking issues.

But they also give ordering issues. About 5 times in last 3 months they cancelled my stop order for no reason and i had to create again. Never got satisfactory reason from them. Seems to happen when stock makes large move.
And today they squared off a Short position in profit, initial reason provided was that it was getting close to lower circuit ! Then they just give ticket number which seems to go nowhere. I was hoping to trade with them as they are large broker where money is safer, but now will have to move again.

cloudTrader

I am also not satisfied with 5p. Their are many little niggling issues with their api - nothing major so it was doable, but still reflecting badly on them. Their python client library is very poor and lacks testing effort. Still dev responded and fixed my blocking issues.

But they also give ordering issues. About 5 times in last 3 months they cancelled my stop order for no reason and i had to create again. Never got satisfactory reason from them. Seems to happen when stock makes large move.
And today they squared off a Short position in profit, initial reason provided was that it was getting close to lower circuit ! Then they just give ticket number which seems to go nowhere. I was hoping to trade with them as they are large broker where money is safer, but now will have to move again.
Similar issues trading with them a number of times. Ticket is a kind of farce many times. Their support do not have answers to queries. Their technical team head always gave promises of improvement but the promises fell apart.

Better to move on rather than facing a storm of issues.

cloudTrader

Can someone give a feedback about ProStocks ? Their Margin Calculator for Options Trading is the best till date I have seen. This makes me think that they are putting efforts so might be their services also can be good. They have a good unlimited plan too.

travi

ib stopped working with bsnl internet but it is working fine with my jio mobile internet
facing this issue since friday
upon investigation found the main server hdc1.ibllc.com connection is timing out in bsnl
did they block the ip becuase it is from hongkong ip ?
i hope not ...
This issue happens quite frequently even with Z also.
The best throughput I get is on my primary Airtel line.

Today also while ppl complaining of glitch in Z, i did quick swap and saw lag in Bsnl. Even Jio 4G/Jiofi have more frequent connectivity issues. Airtel was fine throughout.

bpr

ib stopped working with bsnl internet but it is working fine with my jio mobile internet
facing this issue since friday
upon investigation found the main server hdc1.ibllc.com connection is timing out in bsnl
did they block the ip becuase it is from hongkong ip ?
i hope not ...
it is working now after market hours ...hopefully it is fully fixed no idea what these bsnl guys are doing