Discount Broker Comparison

rajin90

Finvasia doesn't provide any exposure. Also, you have to pay to get the bracket order feature.
I talked to Kotal Rep regarding FIT plan and they sent me page with all charges - Its 1000+18% GST plan. Free with conditions. no leverage and have to open demat with them.
5paisa sucks - their desktop+app both are buggy. They provide Nest trader to clients having 25lakh+ in a/c

the fact that now the top 2 largest broker is discount broker is clear indication that full service broker failed model and outdated
keep that in mind when opening account with full service broker
Hi bpr,
Asthatrade has updated its brokerage rates : Delivery is free & Rs. 20 per order in "Investor Plan" which also gives good margin.
Please see : https://asthatrade.com/site/pricing & let us know what you think about it. I think this "Investor Plan" of Astha qualifies for pure Discount Broking model.
If you decide to add it to comparison excel then it will help traders looking for better margin. Thanks.
Astha pricing.jpg

bpr

Hi bpr,
Asthatrade has updated its brokerage rates : Delivery is free & Rs. 20 per order in "Investor Plan" which also gives good margin.
Please see : https://asthatrade.com/site/pricing & let us know what you think about it. I think this "Investor Plan" of Astha qualifies for pure Discount Broking model.
If you decide to add it to comparison excel then it will help traders looking for better margin. Thanks. View attachment 45036
sure but there is no brokerage calculator ......that is one of my criteria for inclusion

iTrade

Hi bpr,
If you decide to add it to comparison excel then it will help traders looking for better margin. Thanks. View attachment 45036
Many renowned brands are moving to rs.20 brokerage. Seems SEBI’s peak margin is going to level broker playground and ultimately it will be about customer satisfaction and platform stability.
For example, sharekhan espresso with max rs.20 brokerage per side and only rs.20 on one side if trade ends in loss. Same icicidirect neo product with rs.20. Check fine prints for both sharekhan and icicidirect.
Many others will follow.

Many renowned brands are moving to rs.20 brokerage. Seems SEBI’s peak margin is going to level broker playground and ultimately it will be about customer satisfaction and platform stability.
For example, sharekhan espresso with max rs.20 brokerage per side and only rs.20 on one side if trade ends in loss. Same icicidirect neo product with rs.20. Check fine prints for both sharekhan and icicidirect.
Many others will follow.

Can someone please share the link for the ICICI direct Neo Plan - fineprints? What are the hidden terms, that we should be aware of? Kotak and ICICI both are big names, as far as safety of margin money with brokers is concerned. Although we definitely need other features from them.

iTrade

Can someone please share the link for the ICICI direct Neo Plan - fineprints? What are the hidden terms, that we should be aware of? Kotak and ICICI both are big names, as far as safety of margin money with brokers is concerned. Although we definitely need other features from them.
We all shld be cautious till 2021 ends. Move money to big brokers who can survive this peak margin rule. I know SEBI guarantee safety of money but you really don’t want to go through that headache.
Wisdom capital has challenged sebi in court. I don’t understand why other small and mid size brokers are not challenging? I mean there could be better ways to solve the recent issues where brokers misused client funds.
Also read an article where they proved volumes already dried up by 30%. So i expect the peak margin rule will be tweaked before final implementation. If not, then the rule has hidden motives like wisdom suspects in the article http://www.businessworld.in/article...oncerns-over-SEBI-Circular/11-12-2020-352568/

Last edited:

bpr

ok logged in to zerodha after long time I saw 60 day challenge is back ...
I thought they discontinued it saying gaming /contest blha blha prohibited by sebi...Anybody tell me when did they reintroduce this ....
and what was their annoucement ? ..Did they clear SEBI scrutiny? or will it stay this time or go again in future ?

travi

ok logged in to zerodha after long time I saw 60 day challenge is back ...
I thought they discontinued it saying gaming /contest blha blha prohibited by sebi...Anybody tell me when did they reintroduce this ....
and what was their annoucement ? ..Did they clear SEBI scrutiny? or will it stay this time or go again in future ?
The challenge is just for the certificate, no brokerage refunds.

Sebi doesn't have a problem with Fyers though :D
They have cash brokerage refunds for non-API users.