Discount Broker Comparison

kharikumaar

Even me also had angel broking account 5-6 years back..so i was not able to open new account with them for ITrade plan ( which offers decent leverage with flat brokerage)

So closed that account 6 months back..

Yesterday opened account with them in 30 minutes..

Just tried with their mobile app....lovely app..it has everything that trader need to know including back office things...

Will update other things in a week.times...
how has been your experience with them so far ?

i have a long post which i'll write after market !

kharikumaar

Margin was very low against their original commitment for itrade plan...

Both CO and BO dont have SL-Limit entry..these are my requirement..both are not fulfilled..

But payout is very fast..
One thing i am happy is all the brokers seem to be strictly following the govt order of social distancing and are diligently maintaining the required distance from their clients phonecalls and emails.
Last week i decided to check a few things
1. I called Upstox for an account opening details, their lines were continuously busy so i wrote an email to them. It must be 10 days + now so far there has been no response

2. Similarly I called Aliceblue just like the above the lines were continuously busy so i tried to open an account online and stopped halfway deciding to check with them some details before i do. so i wrote them an email asking for details. I just got back an email asking me to open the account online and a list of 4/5 names and numbers. Since all are so busy working from home and maintaining their distances they cant be expected to waste their valuable time from fighting the pandemic to attend to some silly enquiries from clients, the customers are expected to call them in case it is really important. ( :D)

3. Now Angel Broking ; Since i could reset the password for the old account online I did this, and downloaded their app, but found that they had deactivated my commodity account and also the account details given were the old one. I tried to change it but the app was showing an error message for the option.
I called theeir helpline which was ringing and I held the line for sometime ( 28 minutes) before someone answered, told him the requirement and he said change it on app. after i informed him of the problem he said send email itll get done in 24 hours. after that i called again in 4 days and after a similar wait the same process all over again. with no action
I sent an email again telling them of the issues faced on the app for changing bank account. , Amazingly i get an email saying do it on app !! ( this issue still persists.)

Either the people on their customer care dont really care or dont understand whats being written. Either way its the client at the receiving end so they couldnt care less.

All this humbug about working from home is an eyewash because the only person who responds is the one who has gone to the office that day and we have to wait. though there may be hundreds of others at home.

With the given technology and mobile reach why they are not involved in customer response is a mystery.

soft_trader

One thing i am happy is all the brokers seem to be strictly following the govt order of social distancing and are diligently maintaining the required distance from their clients phonecalls and emails.
Last week i decided to check a few things
1. I called Upstox for an account opening details, their lines were continuously busy so i wrote an email to them. It must be 10 days + now so far there has been no response

2. Similarly I called Aliceblue just like the above the lines were continuously busy so i tried to open an account online and stopped halfway deciding to check with them some details before i do. so i wrote them an email asking for details. I just got back an email asking me to open the account online and a list of 4/5 names and numbers. Since all are so busy working from home and maintaining their distances they cant be expected to waste their valuable time from fighting the pandemic to attend to some silly enquiries from clients, the customers are expected to call them in case it is really important. ( :D)

3. Now Angel Broking ; Since i could reset the password for the old account online I did this, and downloaded their app, but found that they had deactivated my commodity account and also the account details given were the old one. I tried to change it but the app was showing an error message for the option.
I called theeir helpline which was ringing and I held the line for sometime ( 28 minutes) before someone answered, told him the requirement and he said change it on app. after i informed him of the problem he said send email itll get done in 24 hours. after that i called again in 4 days and after a similar wait the same process all over again. with no action
I sent an email again telling them of the issues faced on the app for changing bank account. , Amazingly i get an email saying do it on app !! ( this issue still persists.)

Either the people on their customer care dont really care or dont understand whats being written. Either way its the client at the receiving end so they couldnt care less.

All this humbug about working from home is an eyewash because the only person who responds is the one who has gone to the office that day and we have to wait. though there may be hundreds of others at home.

With the given technology and mobile reach why they are not involved in customer response is a mystery.
I need to mention one thing. Even before this pandemic and lockdown, angelbroking used to take a long time before answering the calls, and when they pickup, they are always clueless. Their customer service detoriated after shifting to a centralised customer service in mumbai. All the local sub-broker offices are closed.

Now it is all chaos, customer service is in Mumbai, trade desk in Delhi. And regional office doesn't care.

kharikumaar

I need to mention one thing. Even before this pandemic and lockdown, angelbroking used to take a long time before answering the calls, and when they pickup, they are always clueless. Their customer service detoriated after shifting to a centralised customer service in mumbai. All the local sub-broker offices are closed.

Now it is all chaos, customer service is in Mumbai, trade desk in Delhi. And regional office doesn't care.
i have to qualify my earlier statements for now. after the initial hiccup the angel broking team did respond reasonably well, considering the lockdown situation. of course their helpline takes around 10 minutes for a response but they did respond. and email responses were quite decent and they did resolve all the issues i had raised.
my account is active and i will be trading on that account . I was given a dealer desk number which i checked and got an immediate response so i guess i will give it a roll for now. they have the odin software which actually is pretty decent. ( i have used it earlier and am ok with it. Since i am not deep into TA aand charting, but just decent trade execution this works fine.

They also have a combined account for commodities and equities which saves us the bother of meaninglessly parking funds in separate accounts . Especially convenient for me since i only take commodity positions after 4.30 pm. Since SEBI is ok with it i dont know why many of the other brokers dont offer it. , I remember that on another forum khoday from fyers had given me a highly twisted and complicated answer as to why they cant give it.
And i found they are extending their intraday limits which is pretty decent. so far i have what i need. let us see how it goes. i am trading with them from now ( unless something happens to stop it :) )

Raj232

i have to qualify my earlier statements for now. after the initial hiccup the angel broking team did respond reasonably well, considering the lockdown situation. of course their helpline takes around 10 minutes for a response but they did respond. and email responses were quite decent and they did resolve all the issues i had raised.
my account is active and i will be trading on that account . I was given a dealer desk number which i checked and got an immediate response so i guess i will give it a roll for now. they have the odin software which actually is pretty decent. ( i have used it earlier and am ok with it. Since i am not deep into TA aand charting, but just decent trade execution this works fine.

They also have a combined account for commodities and equities which saves us the bother of meaninglessly parking funds in separate accounts . Especially convenient for me since i only take commodity positions after 4.30 pm. Since SEBI is ok with it i dont know why many of the other brokers dont offer it. , I remember that on another forum khoday from fyers had given me a highly twisted and complicated answer as to why they cant give it.
And i found they are extending their intraday limits which is pretty decent. so far i have what i need. let us see how it goes. i am trading with them from now ( unless something happens to stop it :) )
So between Angel and Aliceblu, Angel is better correct ?

Raj232

please shade some light in this. thank you
Nobody would have this info ready. Different brokers offer different terminal and some might change it over a period of time. It would be better to zero in on few brokers of choice and then check if they offer NEST terminal or not.