Discount Broker Comparison

Which broker has high margin for futures ( especially nifty futures) ? Its ok to give a fair brokerage if they provide a stable non hanging platform too. Any suggestions guys ...

Which broker is better - Upstox or Fyers? Upstox guys called me telling their platform is superior than others like Fyers & Zerodha. I don't want to join zerodha for obvious reasons so asking about upstox as backup account. I am mainly concerned about trading, leverage and good charts.

bpr

Which broker is better - Upstox or Fyers? Upstox guys called me telling their platform is superior than others like Fyers & Zerodha. I don't want to join zerodha for obvious reasons so asking about upstox as backup account. I am mainly concerned about trading, leverage and good charts.
For every trader it can be different choice. all info is here if u r still confused then try them both and make ur own decision.

bpr

I saw some price reduction. here is the updated one. Upstox has reduced futures to 210 and SAS has reduced futures to 220. Also for MCX now both Finavsia and Zerodha charge 260 equivalent to Samco so samco lost its importance for MCX. Also there are reduction in currency segment.

View attachment 37543
going forward I see self clearing as the new normal.
Currently we have 4 brokers who don't charge for clearing Finvasia Prostocks IB and Zerodha
Self clearing is also going to act as an entry barrier for any new entrant into discount broking.
finvaisa with zero brokergae is at top cost wise but they are still struggling to provide a good enough web platform and scalpert still lacking.

Next we have Prostocks I did not see any phenomenal growth. Not sure how aggreasive they are gonna compete in future.They are advertising as a broker who don't do proritery trading which others lack so that is one plus for them.

IB is definitely good in many aspects thats the desi brokers cannot even compete.One negative is they do not have mcx.

Zerodha after going self clearing reduce that last pricing difference and made them super competitive.
Their mobile platforms and kite continues to improve.But their huge customer base becoming their own undoing ...probably the root cuase of platform issues and also option buying restriction on far strikes.

All rest don't have self clearing yet. That means they have to convince users to pay them more for other features/services. Only time will tell how they will compare in future.

Today I took a trail of protrader which is a trading platform offered by compositedge broker. I am really amazed to see their so advanced platform, for discretionary trader or scalper it's the best one. I tried aliceblue Ant (which is like zerodha Pi) chart trader with the help of AHK for quick order submission but lots of issues with Ant Desktop. I tried fyers also, it's good for chart trading and managing trade from charts but it's web based so orders lag. On comositedge protrader, one can modify an entry into OCO order, chart trading very easy like Ninjatrader and it has a scalper feature which is like a DOM and all orders are shown on DOM as well as bubbles and once click SL or Limit orders are there. I am really so excited to see all this features but before going ahead I would like to know your views and experience (if someone already tried), if I should go ahead with them or skip as I am not aware of their other side

bpr

Today I took a trail of protrader which is a trading platform offered by compositedge broker. I am really amazed to see their so advanced platform, for discretionary trader or scalper it's the best one. I tried aliceblue Ant (which is like zerodha Pi) chart trader with the help of AHK for quick order submission but lots of issues with Ant Desktop. I tried fyers also, it's good for chart trading and managing trade from charts but it's web based so orders lag. On comositedge protrader, one can modify an entry into OCO order, chart trading very easy like Ninjatrader and it has a scalper feature which is like a DOM and all orders are shown on DOM as well as bubbles and once click SL or Limit orders are there. I am really so excited to see all this features but before going ahead I would like to know your views and experience (if someone already tried), if I should go ahead with them or skip as I am not aware of their other side
the broker exist for quite a while. the protrader platform is a recent offering from them.
I have mentioned about these in this thread if u serach it.
Yes the platform is good.
But how their integration with indian market that needs to be tested in live market.
I personally don't have an account with them.
May be others will chime in

the broker exist for quite a while. the protrader platform is a recent offering from them.
I have mentioned about these in this thread if u serach it.
Yes the platform is good.
But how their integration with indian market that needs to be tested in live market.
I personally don't have an account with them.
May be others will chime in
You are right. Today I took a few demo trades in NSE Index futures through DOM and chart trading. I am really so impressed as I am more used to chart trading as earlier I had traded in CL/ES and on protrader I felt something like that. The only problem for me with compositedge is that they don't give more margin for MIS options selling. If someone could suggest a discount broker who offers a great margin for MIS options selling

Last edited:

RockyRobust

You are right. Today I took a few demo trades in NSE Index futures through DOM and chart trading. I am really so impressed as I am more used to chart trading as earlier I had traded in CL/ES and on protrader I felt something like that. The only problem for me with compositedge is that they don't give more margin for MIS options selling. If someone could suggest a discount broker who offers a great margin for MIS options selling
Pro Trader is indeed a very decent platform for trading. For placing the trades in a sophisticated manner this is the platform which is quite advanced in India. One thing which is slightly on the downside is that the Data of the charts do not match with Nest Trader Charts.

If you are looking for high leverage for Option selling and are ready to pay a higher brokerage for that purpose then you can check out https://asthatrade.com/

They are allowing Banknifty Intraday Option selling for around Rs. 5000 per lot.

Disclaimer: I do not have account with them , neither I am recommending them. This post was just for information purpose.