Discount Broker Comparison

How can I fetch all the data from Fyers and store it on my system for future use? I want to give more historical data to my coder friend for backtesting but I am unable to understand how to get it.

Which is the best discount broker for NRI's, from the point of cost as well as intraday leverage in Stock Futures? I think Finvasia are free for NRI's as well but I'm wondering if I could get higher intraday leverage than them, even if it means paying upto Rs.20 per order.

Want suggestions for a discount broker for a friend, who trades in equities (and occasionally in commodities which is not essential) and does not require margin funding-

1. A stable platform, not collapsing during times of urgency. Good charting facilities are required. Both mobile and desktop/ web platforms are needed

2. Safety of capital is important. Brokers with dubious personalized accounting practice where traderji members report miscalculations in this computer age are not required

3. Ease of doing business. Do not like the idea of broker locking the platform/ facilities arbitrarily necessitating phone calls/ emails/ posting in traderji forums.

4. Combined ledger for equities and commodities will be great but not essential

Want suggestions for a discount broker for a friend, who trades in equities (and occasionally in commodities which is not essential) and does not require margin funding-

1. A stable platform, not collapsing during times of urgency. Good charting facilities are required. Both mobile and desktop/ web platforms are needed

2. Safety of capital is important. Brokers with dubious personalized accounting practice where traderji members report miscalculations in this computer age are not required

3. Ease of doing business. Do not like the idea of broker locking the platform/ facilities arbitrarily necessitating phone calls/ emails/ posting in traderji forums.

If commodity-trading & leverage isn't important but platform-stability & safety of capital is important then has he considered Interactive Brokers?

What about charting facilities in Interactive Brokers? It appears primitive.

And how is customer care support?

Not much info available on traderji.
I don't rely on their charting for technical analysis, there are many cheap methods of getting that done but I've never faced platform-issues like other brokers.

Customer-support is very professional & helpful (both phone & live-chat). But if you want call & trade, then IB is probably NOT the option for your friend because call & trade is Rs.2000 (but their platform is so good that I've NEVER had to call & trade in 1.5 years that I've been trading with them).

That's probably because a lot of traders need a lot of intraday leverage, which IB don't provide, so very few people here seem to want to trade with them.

If your friend hasn't already done this, he can just download their platform without opening an account & have a look at the features.

If nothing else, there's always the Internet - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_Brokers

Is it possible for clients to import IB data to Amibroker in real time free of cost?

If yes, then how many stocks will be updated simultaneously?

@bpr please give your opinion on IB. Where do you get your charts from?

bpr

Last edited:

bpr

Last edited:

pannet1

if you love the tools offered by zerodha but not the company, then try alice blue. if you love metatrader then you are in for a surprise. you could get away with lifetime free metatrader just with an one time subscription. however, you will need my reference to get that offer.

disclaimer: i dont get any affiliate commission or anything for this recommendation.