Discount Broker Comparison

pannet1

Hi bpr and others,

I am down by 20K+. If I had chosen a cheaper broker (who charges half of what I am paying), I would have been down only 16K+

i have explored many options strategies and sold ATM options and paid the price. Now that I learnt my lessons I will stick to Long Straddles and and Strangles.

One can clearly see that the less brokerage you pay the more quicker you are going to turn green. If you are already green it may not matter much. At the same time I am not stupid to blame broker for my failures.

Please help me to chose the right broker. I am trading on an average 1 lot / day both sides.

bpr

Hi bpr and others,

I am down by 20K+. If I had chosen a cheaper broker (who charges half of what I am paying), I would have been down only 16K+

i have explored many options strategies and sold ATM options and paid the price. Now that I learnt my lessons I will stick to Long Straddles and and Strangles.

One can clearly see that the less brokerage you pay the more quicker you are going to turn green. If you are already green it may not matter much. At the same time I am not stupid to blame broker for my failures.

Please help me to chose the right broker. I am trading on an average 1 lot / day both sides.
All info in front of you.
Make your own decision.
I don't make any personal recommendation.

pannet1

All info in front of you.
Make your own decision.
I don't make any personal recommendation.
Yes. But numbers only tell half of the story and there are several things. Snakehead made a brilliant scalability issue in Finvasia thread.

I think they already facing this issue
Nest stop updating quotes and delayed few quotes happens most of day

I have compared this with RKSV nest
Both settings in RKVS/Finvasia Nest are same

Time set as exchange last feed below

Time set as System date and time below

p.s my Internet is working fine :lol:

Last edited:
Watch out for Wisdom Capital..

The first line that you quoted is about you. I do believe a broker should have one plan for success.

The last 3 lines that you quoted is about Finvasia.

Sorry for the confusion.
I don't think you answered my question. I know that stamp duty is charged as per client's state. most of the informed traders know that I guess. Every broker charges stamp duty as per state it's not only you who is doing something special. You are here to help and answer what people ask. If you are not allowed say I am not allowed to answer this, or you can say right now I do not have the details, as get I will post, like this hope you understand.

Actually problem is some people come here with great plans to attract people and latter start charging in unreasonable way. And please don't answer questions in such dumb way you are representing a company here, first understand what people asking for.

Somewhere I saw your post in this thread

That's post no. 20. Can't your repeat your answer once more or instead of saying post no. can't you quote the same post( as I have done above). Why someone would go to check your answer it's not he/she who was dying without your answer it's you who is here saying I want tell you about my company please ask question, right ?

Have you ever noticed ads in tv they keep on repeating the same ad again and again, Many best seller products are sold not because they are special that's only the power of "REPEATING". So don't hesitate to repeat.
You can mail at [email protected] or [email protected] to reach forward your suggestions/complaints if any.

regards
The staff at WC is even failing to prove their presence:eek:..

Has anyone tried Fyers or 5 paisa (backed by IIFL)... Fyers trading platforms are good and 5 paisa is offering very low brokerage and promising AI based automation.

Technology can provide significant advantage but are they better than zerodha?

I am breaking my head since morning. Could not recollect from where. What I (mis)understood from it that most of the brokers execute orders from their server. If a broker just provide an interface to execute order directly at the exchange this could give advantage of early execution (in milliseconds at least).
Yes, advantage would be in milliseconds, NORMALLY. But, markets have peak times and sometimes at those peak times the broker servers/data lines have more load than they were designed for and sometimes things slow down. Traders lose in such cases and do not even know that cause was latency at server, broker's bandwidth from cust to his office or his off to exch.

Now, this facility to send orders to exchange is only in case of DMA access. When broker provides a client with DMA access, he gives exchange his limits for the client and the exchange in turn issues trading ids to the broker's client. Of course these are under the brokers clearing & management.

The only problem in such cases is 1) cost & 2) inflexibility in trading limits. Your broker cannot temporarily give you higher limits & etc on ad hoc basis. He has to setup everything with the exchange, so things are pretty inflexible. Limit changes take a day or two.

The broker also loses pooled funds/margins of a dma client, so I guess costs to him would be higher, but are usually sustainable because dma clients would trade exponentially more than normal clients.

I don't know the exact procedures or Risk mgmt that comes into play but that's the gist of what I was told.