Discount Broker Comparison

kharikumaar

Single account for both NSE and MCX?
i dont think so. they have separate softwares . so must be different. plus i have no idea of their other charges. i was looking at the angel broking website. they have a combined account. let me see, i used to have an account with them 10 years back. ill check if they can offer the same deal on old accounts :). they have a unified trading account but are using odin based software, their other charges are also quite reasonable and plus they have a solid infrastructure.
ill check and reactivate. if it works ill tell you all , the main thing is ease of use and friendliness of trading.
i had an account with fyers and had stopped because of software issues. then i thought ill try them again and stopped again because of software issues. it just stopped and i couldnt square off my trades when in profit.and had to finally settle it at a small loss. i just stopped after that.
no more experimenting with them again.

tradejini is ok but they have scant support and absolutely no messages for anything . even if they stop bracket order, restart, system issue, etc etc.. they just have no system in place to let you know of anything. thats bit dangerous at times. so i was looking for an option.

i dont think so. they have separate softwares . so must be different. plus i have no idea of their other charges. i was looking at the angel broking website. they have a combined account. let me see, i used to have an account with them 10 years back. ill check if they can offer the same deal on old accounts :). they have a unified trading account but are using odin based software, their other charges are also quite reasonable and plus they have a solid infrastructure.
ill check and reactivate. if it works ill tell you all , the main thing is ease of use and friendliness of trading.
i had an account with fyers and had stopped because of software issues. then i thought ill try them again and stopped again because of software issues. it just stopped and i couldnt square off my trades when in profit.and had to finally settle it at a small loss. i just stopped after that.
no more experimenting with them again.

tradejini is ok but they have scant support and absolutely no messages for anything . even if they stop bracket order, restart, system issue, etc etc.. they just have no system in place to let you know of anything. thats bit dangerous at times. so i was looking for an option.
Even me also had angel broking account 5-6 years back..so i was not able to open new account with them for ITrade plan ( which offers decent leverage with flat brokerage)

So closed that account 6 months back..

Yesterday opened account with them in 30 minutes..

Just tried with their mobile app....lovely app..it has everything that trader need to know including back office things...

Will update other things in a week.times...

bpr

zerodha got 10 Cr loss iin its books for MCX crude oil fiasco...
if the client default Zerodha has to take losses...
Zerodha has very good cash standing take care of its loss

So watch out for other brokers on how much exposure they have to the mcx event ...
some small broker might close shop ...

lemondew

How to know how much exposure a broker has in this fiasco.

So watch out for other brokers on how much exposure they have to the mcx event ...

kharikumaar

Total loss is 440 cr approx
zerodha got 10 Cr loss
So now question is who are the other brokers sitting with the rest 430 Cr ??
umpteen number of times , many retail traders have incurred losses in the market because of the brokers software hitches and glitches ( me included) and whenever they are contacted they just fob you off and say its not their fault and nothing can be done . Now they are getting a taste of their own medicine
I had this issue especially with zerodha where they had a strange method of blocking the trade of bank nifty options beyond a certain range. in the initial days i had bought an option and the market was going against me and i just could not cover the trade because of this and i had to call fight with them and they finally covered it at big loss in call and trade even for which i had to pay . though this fiasco is because of their policy it was me who had to take the loss
i more or less quit after that.
so no sympathies here :)

TraderRavi

low risk profile

what is the situation for Samco ? Zerodha/TSO/Finvasia has replied so far.