Discount Broker Comparison

pannet1

This is ftconline broker front...

Real question is will the traders be able to sustain this leverage ?

Question to all who are after excessive leverage. Do you think it helps in your trading? Mathematically it does not even make sense. Beyond certain point the leverage is no longer levergable.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
For someone following mean reversion, one has to ensure that they have sufficient margin to carry a position till its turning into profit. Otherwise in order to avoid margin call, they call up private finance and arrange for margin money.

For someone who is snowballing the position size with (anti/) martingale strategy, one needs more intraday margin.

Different people different needs !

bpr

For someone following mean reversion, one has to ensure that they have sufficient margin to carry a position till its turning into profit. Otherwise in order to avoid margin call, they call up private finance and arrange for margin money.

For someone who is snowballing the position size with (anti/) martingale strategy, one needs more intraday margin.

Different people different needs !
Both of the reason above is very bad way to use leverage. I may not even call it trading.

First point trading without stoploss ? what?? are we in kindergarden ??

Second point Martingale ?? seriously ??

pannet1

Both of the reason above is very bad way to use leverage. I may not even call it trading.

First point trading without stoploss ? what?? are we in kindergarden ??

Second point Martingale ?? seriously ??
i would request you to read the first 73 pages of "the technical analysis is a fallacy thread" on forex factory dot com website or till you see my profile picture. you can skip the chatter others say but just read the thread starter's post.

short answer is stop levels are known and that's why its called stop hunting. one could scale in till a price level is reached where the original view of the market has changed.

i promise you, you have an interesting (if not exciting) read ahead.

cloudTrader

This is ftconline broker front...

Real question is will the traders be able to sustain this leverage ?

Question to all who are after excessive leverage. Do you think it helps in your trading? Mathematically it does not even make sense. Beyond certain point the leverage is no longer levergable.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
I too do not support very high leverage but if one's strategy allows to take some extra edge out of leverage then it can be helpful provided the trader knows what he/she is doing.

One of the master Option Seller in India is trading on such kind of leverage and his returns are exemplary.

pannet1

whatsapp message

Upstox Introduces Margin Trading Facility. It lets you double investment potential. With just 50% funds in hand, you can buy stocks of your choice without any worry. The other 50% comes from Upstox!

Upstox customers can borrow up to Rs. 5,00,000 at a given time. The interest rate is as low as Rs.20/day per Rs. 50,000 borrowed.

Blackhole

for me...order execution/order management is must in any case .. all types of possible orders(even market orders)….like cover or bO shud be proper......but yes leverage is also important factor......every biz runs on the same, grows on the same ,fails and gets valuation or resale on the same ie leverage......not aall the companies are owned by government be it post office, all india radio, air india ,railways ,psu banks) virtually all are loosers and are saved by people money(operation,defaults) covered by people money ….. uneducated/ criminal or fraud can easily become education minister or any minister but educated cant do anything.....instead of voting and waiting that some may apply some rules for betterment but would learn new thing that for trading u need 25lk ITR apart from knowledge,pc,electricity,internet,taxes,brokers...list goes on my friend.....they can get money from wherever they want...they would imply more new taxes/rules and if needed show the door to the any official who show them right path or comes in there way….

Last edited:

Blackhole

whatsapp message

Upstox Introduces Margin Trading Facility. It lets you double investment potential. With just 50% funds in hand, you can buy stocks of your choice without any worry. The other 50% comes from Upstox!

Upstox customers can borrow up to Rs. 5,00,000 at a given time. The interest rate is as low as Rs.20/day per Rs. 50,000 borrowed.
...is it true.....do they provide more leverage for option writers as well?

cloudTrader

A very irritating problem of quotes getting stuck and then flashing very fast is gripping Nest Trader of discount brokers. Trade Smart Online Nest Trader does this on weekly expiry days and days of volatility since last 3-4 months and now today I experienced this with Finvasia as well. This makes trading difficult on days when it is expected to be very exciting.