Discount Broker Comparison

RockyRobust

Protrader looks like a decent platform ...looks like discount brokers are waking up ...
are they going to provide it free or charge money ??
I took the demo of Pro Trader , it is a brilliant platform. I want to know about the reputation of Composite Edge as brokers. Did not find much information on internet or social media platforms regarding their performance.

I searched this thread also for reading about them but did not find much as it seems some very few people are trading through them.

PS: Their Brokerage Plans are quite competitive though.

bpr

I took the demo of Pro Trader , it is a brilliant platform. I want to know about the reputation of Composite Edge as brokers. Did not find much information on internet or social media platforms regarding their performance.

I searched this thread also for reading about them but did not find much as it seems some very few people are trading through them.

they used to be part of the list but removed as they became costly compared to others...
I will revisit and see if they can be added back.

bpr

@OneThatGotAway

did not want to reply on zerodha's thread as it is about IB.

I am able fetch data directly from TWS.
But trading from charts has some issues.
The IB Auto trading Controller needs to be unlocked and the unlock code does not work.
Contacted AB support. Will update later.

View attachment 28600
Update:
AB support says the issue is in my system ..something to do with antivirus/firewall...
I don't buy it. It is over engineering to put a unlock code just to enable a third party plugin.
The code is apparently same for everyone .All it does is let to accept a terms and condition before giving you the code.

I will try in a fresh VM when time permits.

bpr

Can you put some screenshot and give a review of the platform here based on your exp

RockyRobust

Can you put some screenshot and give a review of the platform here based on your exp
Unfortunately I completely missed taking screenshots of the platform as the demo I took was during this high volatility environment and I had to be very much focused on my ongoing trades too.

The demo was quite exemplary. The best part was that the ease of doing trading gone up manifolds. Everything which we could imagine to ease our trading performance has been touched upon by the platform.

Great way of setting alerts. There can be a very wide choice of setting alerts even including setting alerts on MTM value.

Trailing stop loss through charts was very easy. OCO & Take profit orders were also brilliant. Options chain and giving orders through it is also very nice. We can paper trade Options positions and if like then place one touch orders through the paper trade itself.

Real Time Equity curve was displayed in a very impressive way.

However on one front I got a bit skeptical was that the charts were not exactly same as in Nest Trader , this is because tick values coming in the platform were different from Nest Trader. This can be a drawback for those who trade on exact values for Breakout and Breakdown trades. I talked to the Composite Edge team about this and they told that this is because of Demo and will not be there in Real Time. However this does not convinced me a lot.

The Composite Edge team however did not followed me up after the Demo and this really created a sense of doubt about the urgency on their part to acquire clients.

I would suggest that there are so many features present in the platform that a demo of 7 days will really help in acquainting oneself with it.

Algo Trading part was not at all touched upon by me as its a different ball game altogether for a non coder.

Platform is really nice but data supply and Trade execution are the things which matter the most for a trader and I could say that I am not very confident about those areas as now as far as trading on this platform is concerned.

bpr

I have added composite edge ...pricing wise they are still behind the competition.

but the introduction of Protrader platform is very welcome.This platform is marketed towards brokers to integrate in their backend
https://protrader.com/

The same company also provide a version of their platform directly to retail traders known as PTMC https://protrader.org/
this cost is $50 monthly subscription

So in directly composite edge is providing traders with that much value.
Rest is upto you guys to decide.

1539019666596.png

bpr

How is 5paisa as a discount broker ??... hardly see any reviews abt it......
thanks
they are discount broker arm of IIFL. Honestly don't think they are true discount brokers but they have reduced their prices to compete with discount brokers ..I don't find brokerage calculator which is a must before I consider reviewing anybody...

pannet1

Unfortunately I completely missed taking screenshots of the platform as the demo I took was during this high volatility environment and I had to be very much focused on my ongoing trades too.

The demo was quite exemplary. The best part was that the ease of doing trading gone up manifolds. Everything which we could imagine to ease our trading performance has been touched upon by the platform.

Great way of setting alerts. There can be a very wide choice of setting alerts even including setting alerts on MTM value.

Trailing stop loss through charts was very easy. OCO & Take profit orders were also brilliant. Options chain and giving orders through it is also very nice. We can paper trade Options positions and if like then place one touch orders through the paper trade itself.

Real Time Equity curve was displayed in a very impressive way.

However on one front I got a bit skeptical was that the charts were not exactly same as in Nest Trader , this is because tick values coming in the platform were different from Nest Trader. This can be a drawback for those who trade on exact values for Breakout and Breakdown trades. I talked to the Composite Edge team about this and they told that this is because of Demo and will not be there in Real Time. However this does not convinced me a lot.

The Composite Edge team however did not followed me up after the Demo and this really created a sense of doubt about the urgency on their part to acquire clients.

I would suggest that there are so many features present in the platform that a demo of 7 days will really help in acquainting oneself with it.

Algo Trading part was not at all touched upon by me as its a different ball game altogether for a non coder.

Platform is really nice but data supply and Trade execution are the things which matter the most for a trader and I could say that I am not very confident about those areas as now as far as trading on this platform is concerned.
i have very little first hand information. please keep it in your mind before you read further down.

composite edge us famous amongst algo fund managers.

if you have strategy and if you tell them to automate they will do it for you and run it on the set of accounts the fund manager has. i dont know if they charge for the automation part. the brokerage is shared with the FM.