Discipline is the key - My trade logs

I expected to encounter some bad trades today, since i have not really got a bad one this week. But today also seems to be a good one indeed.

Since the opening of this thread, i have been trying to trade as per plan...I must say that iam happy at the end of the week. I will go through all my reviews and try to put it as my First week's learning.

Since i have not encountered a loss making trade so far in the first week, i wanted to reward myself with my family a nice outing somewhere.

But i feel that the reward should be somewhat in the range of 10% of the profits earned, nothing much can be done this week(not even Pizza :(). So we may have to wait for some more time to really get ready for an outing.

But the important learning of this exercise is that mind works amazingly well when there is peace...when we know what is going to be the outcome...either it is going to be 2 SLs hit or 2% gain......

Let us see how next week pans out :)

good dear friend i am not able to stick to this decipline hats off to u for sticking to plan in the first week i wish u continue the winning trades

Narass

good dear friend i am not able to stick to this decipline hats off to u for sticking to plan in the first week i wish u continue the winning trades
iam also happy indeed. now there is pressure on me to continue doing this.

Wish me luck to continue doing this for this entire month..I hope that this becomes a practice for me :thumb:

i understand that there are bound to be problems when i increase my capital...mainly mind related. So let me take 1 step at a time.

btw iam not a beginner in trading and i have also done those customary things :(

Narass

Pretty disappointed. Nifty jumping 120 points, see here iam not even able to make my 2%.

I draw first blood today. I was looking for shorts and so got whipped on my bun.

The basic reason for today's failure is that i was looking at other strategies over the weekend and got really confused whether to trade the usual discretionary trades or the newly found ones. This is pretty bad since every other strategy wud have worked well today. In that confusion i failed to take correct trades and took the bad ones. I wasnt at peace today :(

Narass

I got a punishment today.

I did something which i never wanted to do again. For some, it may be a minor mistake. But, for me, iam sick of doing it again. I felt miserably bad.

So i decided not to trade again for today once after that mistake of mine. That was the punishment and i hope i dont repeat it again. If repeated then, i will not trade for the next day as well.

I wanted to take revenge on market by making more trades to avenge yesterday's no show. Once this thing came up in my mind, i thot for a while and switched off my PC once after getting 2 correct trades. We cannot avenge the market. Market is supreme.

Again, let us play to the plan is the mantra

Absolutely correct. Market is Supreme. It is always right. If you are not on the right side of the market then as a trader you are wrong. Simple but absolute truth. :D

vishalalluri

buddy just a wave of thought wanted to share

entries into the market have to be very patiently chosen and i guess that entry of ours if we already kno we are planning for long or short s should be only at the time after watching the price movement of the stock and the range specifically once we understand the range of movement the stock, getting a couple of hundred bucks is no big deal .

:thumb:

anyways appreciating ur homework and patience to remarking urself for the day.

haapy trading

veluri1967

entries into the market have to be very patiently chosen and i guess that entry of ours if we already kno we are planning for long or short s should be only at the time after watching the price movement of the stock and the range specifically once we understand the range of movement the stock, getting a couple of hundred bucks is no big deal .

haapy trading
Vishal,

Nice to see you new avatar. I am also preparing for a new avatar after applying some snow and powder.:D

Narass

haapy trading
1. yes iam trying to be more patient and at peace nowadays before choosing a trade. My patience have grown after starting this thread(plan).

2. range of a stock -- mine is a small profit target of 1% of my capital, per trade. So this can even be achieved in a consolidating market. My aim for the day is not just 200 rs but 2% of my capital. And i dont want more. Let me have a grip on 2% per day consistently and think of more later on. Even if i earn 30% per month, i fee it is indeed decent enough earning, considering the fact that this business curses 90% of people to fail.
Plz let me know what exactly u r trying to say:confused:...where am i erring?...where u suggest improvement?

3. I appreciate ur intention to help me :thumb: