Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

Re: What about new SEBI guidelines & existing SIPs

How AMCs allow 'diect' (load free) investments? What is the actual procedure if I want to invest 'directly' (without entry load) into some fund, say DSP ML EQUITY.

Direct to AMCs or through Agent ??

Hello Friends !!!

How many have actually thought or infact switched of investing directly to AMCs rather than agents to save Entry Load ???

Thanks

Jeet

Re: What about new SEBI guidelines & existing SIPs

Pls submit the format directly to DSPML or CAM office

Ensure that you have mentioned DIRECT in Broker/Sub-broker's details

Re: Direct to AMCs or through Agent ??

y ! i too was thinking abt the same. But I will think to change from the broker to direct AMC...as my online broker is not helping me to troubleshoot and blaming everything on AMC's. So better to interact with them directly who are responsible to mistakes. :rolleyes:

Me too is planning to invest directly in future. Rather SIPs can be readjusted by putting up application alongwith freash ECS mandate to AMC office. But it will definitely painful to visit offices each time for separate investments.

Me too is planning to invest directly in future. Rather SIPs can be readjusted by putting up application alongwith freash ECS mandate to AMC office. But it will definitely painful to visit offices each time for separate investments.
I think many AMC offering their services online . am I worng ?

Naresh

it's worthwhile dealing directly with AMCs to save the entry load. as mrindia has pointed out, it will be cumbersome handling it physically- paperwork, visiting the offices, or waiting for courier to arrive, etc,etc.

many AMCs offering online services. again, KYC compliance, so many user ids, PINs -with each AMC for every folio no.- going to be time consuming.

needs patience and time!

Hi please someone confirm/clarify if the following understanding is current:-
  1. For saving tax etc. I took one agents help and the applied to many diff AMC ELSSchemes and subsequently received some 6 diff folio numbers one from each AMC.
  2. Now if I invest more in these schemes even directly I can't avoid entry load so the option left is to go to each AMC with a fresh application and get a fresh folio number for all future investments under that AMC.
  3. Here is the crux.... say I finally get a broker free folion no. from some AMC then is it easy to ask for a consolidated folio no. in future and will this final consolidated one will be treated as brokerage free?
  4. And for applying do I necessarily need to visit local offices of all these AMC's or just visiting CAMS which facilitates quite a many AMC is also sufficient and will be treated as direct investment eligible for no entry load?
  5. And by any chance is there a possibility of consolidating or monitoring all these investments in one screen some like ICICI direct or as they all are independent investment one has to go through the ordeal of visiting individual AMC websites every time for investment/redemption?
  6. Or is there something I am missing which can make life simpler for mutual funds investments as for some reasons I am hell bount against entry load, so just want to go for the simplest route of investing in mutual funds but without involving brokers ?

Thanks in advance.:)
Regards,
SB

You can actually get that folio number moved to a direct ARN (without any broker code) by getting a NOC from the broker and writing an application to the AMC. post that all investments in that folio , if done directly will be load free

lvgandhi

You can actually get that folio number moved to a direct ARN (without any broker code) by getting a NOC from the broker and writing an application to the AMC. post that all investments in that folio , if done directly will be load free
"getting a NOC from the broker" is vital. How to get from online brokerslike ICICIDIRECT, HDFC BANK etc?