Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

It should be fine to go ahead. Excluding the tax component i have all in my core portfolio. It should give good diversificationa and nice return prospects.

I feel you will get many corrections during this 6 months time which will allocate more units then the market peaks

As far as I know redimtion is also a hasle free process.

Hello MrIndia

If there was a provision for a real hug in this forum, I would have done that. Accept my virtual hug for not only solving my queries, but also guiding me properly. This has actually made me more at ease in investing directly. All this while, I was waiting for the ICICI direct to activate my account, it has taken them more than one month, and I was still waiting. Now, I can convinently forget them :)

With the markets down, probably a good chance to invest my first SIPs, I am busy downloading the forms and filling them to send to CAMS on Monday.

I am sure you must have good knowledge about the portfolio too. Please do me a last favour. You dont need to advise in detail, I have made this one after consulting good experts in this forum only, I just want your final say in this please. If there is nothing serioiusly wrong, I would want to stick to this portfolio only :)

1) DSMPL EQUITY = 2K for next 6 months
2) SBI Magnum Contra = 2K for next 6 months
3) HDFC Prudence = 2K for next 6 months
4) DSMPL TIGER = 2K for next 6 months
5) SBI Magnum Tax = 4K for next 3 months & then 2K for next 3 months.
6) Birla Tax Relief 96 = 4K for next 3 months & then 2K for next 3 months.

I would then look at both my financial and market position after 6 months and decide to allcate further funds.

I have already asked for advise in one of my posts to others, but so far no response.

I assure you of not disturbing you again :)

Thanks

Jeet

PS: Is redemption also simpler like the above procedure?

Hello !!

Thanks for your encouragement and sound advise

Regards

Jeet

It should be fine to go ahead. Excluding the tax component i have all in my core portfolio. It should give good diversificationa and nice return prospects.

I feel you will get many corrections during this 6 months time which will allocate more units then the market peaks

As far as I know redimtion is also a hasle free process.

Hello MrIndia

If there was a provision for a real hug in this forum, I would have done that. Accept my virtual hug for not only solving my queries, but also guiding me properly. This has actually made me more at ease in investing directly. All this while, I was waiting for the ICICI direct to activate my account, it has taken them more than one month, and I was still waiting. Now, I can convinently forget them :)

With the markets down, probably a good chance to invest my first SIPs, I am busy downloading the forms and filling them to send to CAMS on Monday.

I am sure you must have good knowledge about the portfolio too. Please do me a last favour. You dont need to advise in detail, I have made this one after consulting good experts in this forum only, I just want your final say in this please. If there is nothing serioiusly wrong, I would want to stick to this portfolio only :)

1) DSMPL EQUITY = 2K for next 6 months
2) SBI Magnum Contra = 2K for next 6 months
3) HDFC Prudence = 2K for next 6 months
4) DSMPL TIGER = 2K for next 6 months
5) SBI Magnum Tax = 4K for next 3 months & then 2K for next 3 months.
6) Birla Tax Relief 96 = 4K for next 3 months & then 2K for next 3 months.

I would then look at both my financial and market position after 6 months and decide to allcate further funds.

I have already asked for advise in one of my posts to others, but so far no response.

I assure you of not disturbing you again :)

Thanks

Jeet

PS: Is redemption also simpler like the above procedure?
Hello!
Your warm hug reached with a complementry bear hug too:). Anyways, market has its own way. Sorry cud not visit the forum d/t wkend n cud not share views b4 u invested.
Though I am not expert in portfolio like other seniors here, all ur picks r nice ones. I myself m planning SIPs in DSP ML Equity n HDFC Prudence 2k each.
Personally I feel one shud not go 4 SIP method in ELSS. I have selected Birla96 n Principal Tax saver 4 me as lumpsom.
Now as the mkt is down, it will b rite time to do lumpsoms.
One may also do 'Additional investments' in existing SIP portfolios when such corrections occur. But this time fall is really big. Tread cautiously 4 few days more.
Also ur concern- redemption procedure is too simple. You may submit a small slip (provided with acc statement) & things wil land in ur acc within 3-4 days. AMC wil send u all redemption details within no time by post/email.
You can mail them any such query n almost all AMCs have vry gud customer respose system.
keep around!
mrindia

Can some fellow investors explain in brief the procedure to invest directly (without entry load) in mutual fund from outside India
goto cams of ur fund and fill form and do'nt forget to collect return slip from desk.
for sbi don't go to bank as bank itself is mf agent simillar to icici bank also
u can google to find out cams in ur city of every fund house.

i do same above 4 my sbi contra

Thank you Sanju Galande for your views and suggestions :)

goto cams of ur fund and fill form and do'nt forget to collect return slip from desk.

Hello !!

Thank you once again for your views and suggestions.

I went to CAMS yesterday armed with 6 MFs as mentioned earlier. Co-incidentally, [I think I read you by tele-pathy :)] I invested lumpsum of 4K each for both the Tax savers. Maybe, I will invest further after few days as per your advise looking at the market situation.

It was so easy, CAMS not only accepted my application forms, but guided me for my minor errors ( they said they have to pinpoint my errors, lest it get rejected and they will also be answerable for the same ). Wow! In the morning, I got Folio Nos of three of the above Funds already by Email.

Hey! Had it not been for you and others in the forum, I would have happily gone to some agent and not only about 2.5% entry load but also chances of mis-guidance of selection of funds for their personal gain.

For all new investors out here, please do take into consideration of some of very good and senior experts over here. This forum is really wonderful.

Thank you

Regards

Jeet

Hello!
Your warm hug reached with a complementry bear hug too:). Anyways, market has its own way. Sorry cud not visit the forum d/t wkend n cud not share views b4 u invested.
Though I am not expert in portfolio like other seniors here, all ur picks r nice ones. I myself m planning SIPs in DSP ML Equity n HDFC Prudence 2k each.
Personally I feel one shud not go 4 SIP method in ELSS. I have selected Birla96 n Principal Tax saver 4 me as lumpsom.
Now as the mkt is down, it will b rite time to do lumpsoms.
One may also do 'Additional investments' in existing SIP portfolios when such corrections occur. But this time fall is really big. Tread cautiously 4 few days more.
Also ur concern- redemption procedure is too simple. You may submit a small slip (provided with acc statement) & things wil land in ur acc within 3-4 days. AMC wil send u all redemption details within no time by post/email.
You can mail them any such query n almost all AMCs have vry gud customer respose system.
keep around!
mrindia

There are no cams office outside India!:confused:

One question, I have MF transaction enabled on my HDFC bank account.
If i apply for HDFC MF, do i be charged entry load?

Or applying direct has different term all to geather?

Hello !

Giving back what I have learned from here :)

Yes, whether it is HDFC , ICICI or anyother online transcation, they will charge Entry load since they are your online brokers instead of physical agents.

Applying direct means you are sending all your forms directly to the respective AMCs either to their head office, branch office, investor points like CAMS etc

Thanks

jeet

One question, I have MF transaction enabled on my HDFC bank account.
If i apply for HDFC MF, do i be charged entry load?

Or applying direct has different term all to geather?