Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

Hello everyone.

As I posted a few months ago, I was looking forward to investing in a few Mutual Funds on my own, Direct Plans, after realising that agents not always suggest the best funds for clients but rather go for better commision.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...t-their-portfolio.104813/page-10#post-1247973

Anyway, I am a bit late going into it. I started 5 new SIP plans, all direct, Rs 3000 per month for 36 months. They will start from 7/14/21 Nov. I bought all of these online, it hardly took 2-3 hours in all, only few stuff like PAN no, Aadhar, Netbanking ( HDFC ) was needed, you need to be KYC verified, and some required signed cancelled cheque of the account you're using for the funds.

These are the funds
Motilal Focused Multicap 35 -DP (G) ~ stellar performance upto June 2017, a bit down now but hoping it'd bounce back.
Kotak Select Focus Fund - Direct (G) ~ holdings are safe stocks, for large cap cover.
Mirae Emerging Bluechip -Direct (G) ~ A bit heavy into banking but betting on Mirae to deliver.
HDFC Balanced Fund - Direct (G) ~ Balanced Fund cover.
HDFC Small Cap Fund - Direct (G) ~ small caps good diversity.

I have fixed deposits kept aside, these funds are a bit on the riskier side intentionally.

P.S. - I wanted to go for Reliance Small Cap Fund - Direct Plan (G) but it asked for my CKYC reference number when registering online, I dont know what it is, went with HDFC Small Cap instead.

How did you get your KYC verified?
I already have a DEMAT account, do I still need to get my KYC done or I can directly go ahead and my MF ?

How did you get your KYC verified?
I already have a DEMAT account, do I still need to get my KYC done or I can directly go ahead and my MF ?
You probably already are KYC verified, it's mandatory now, just go ahead with buying the Funds, your money won't deduct until you've finally added biller in your banking so nothing to worry.

KYC Verification is necessary when you are buying mutual funds. When you hold a demat and trading account with a broker, your KYC is already verified, as a result you can directly purchase the MF units from the terminal. However, when you are buying directly, you will have to fill the KYC details with the fund house or AMC, before buying any scheme.

KYC Verification is necessary when you are buying mutual funds. When you hold a demat and trading account with a broker, your KYC is already verified, as a result you can directly purchase the MF units from the terminal. However, when you are buying directly, you will have to fill the KYC details with the fund house or AMC, before buying any scheme.

KYC verification can be done online as well if your mobile no. is added on your adhaar card..

Direct mutual fund plan help to you save upto 28 lacs in 25 yrs so its really make big difference if you are long term investor. now days its really easy Thanks to our internet facilities and 4g mobile phones.... Zerodha -coin , Finbiz , so many company offer direct mutual fund online on their platform
Direct Plans can be taken only from AMCs
If you are using any other platform or are taking it from brokers then you will have to opt for regular plans....

Now a days, there are some free platforms also which are offering Direct mutual fund investment. But, I am not sure how those platforms will have sustainable business. Sooner or later they have to come up with some products to offset cost or should close down.

Now a days, there are some free platforms also which are offering Direct mutual fund investment. But, I am not sure how those platforms will have sustainable business. Sooner or later they have to come up with some products to offset cost or should close down.
yeap @Finvasia shoonya by Finvasia is the one who is providing this service for direct MF only.... but I don't think so they will close down or charge any offset costs...
cuz just cuz of 0 brokerages they are growing very very very rapidly and also keep on improving themselves, according to the feedback they get..