Difference in balance sheet data shown for comparison in latest annual report, from balance sheet that was reported in earlier annual report.

Hi All, I have a question for those who have good enough knowledge of balance sheets. I hope you can clear my doubt.

I download the last 10 years annual reports of Mindtree LTD and Pidilite. to read their balance sheets and check the growth percentages.
Every year, all companies report balance sheet data with previous year balance sheet data alongside for side by side comparison, but in some of the balance sheets, the previous year balance sheet data that's shown for comparison is different from what was reported in the earlier annual report.

Example: See Pidilite's Annual report 2017 & Annual report 2016, and compare the balance sheet data of 2016 in both reports. the values have been changed. you'll find the same difference in older annual reports.

This is not the case for only one year's data. this has been done in many of Mindtree ltd's annual report before 2017.

The image I have added here is side by side comparison of Pidilite's balance sheet reported in 2017 & in 2016. see highlighted balance sheet data of 2016.

What's the reason behind this?
Am I missing something here? can you please enlighten me on this.

I cross-checked the data that moneycontrol shows. For Mindtree and Pidilite's FY2016 balance sheet, Moneycontrol has updated the data that's shown in the annual report of 2017.
if I want to see the FY2016 balance sheet of Mindtree or Pidilite, Which annual report should I refer? The data shown in the annual report 2017 or 2016.

I hope this is not a stupid question. I started learning about the stock market 4 months ago. I could not find the answer to this anywhere.

pIDILITE BALANCE SHEET COMPARISON2.jpg

Attachments

mohan.sic

If you are asking about the huge difference you see there, Have you noted that numbers in 2016 report is in millions and the other one in crores.

If you are asking about the huge difference you see there, Have you noted that numbers in 2016 report is in millions and the other one in crores.
Hi,
both the balance sheets are in ₹. When converted from million to crores, one decimal point shifts. But Here, the numbers have changed.
For example. The total asset value in the balance sheet on right side is 39081.88 million ₹. When converted to cr. It should be 3908.18 cr. Whereas in the balance sheet on left, the value is reduced to 3718.97. almost 200cr. ₹ Reduction.

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk