Difference between Odin feed /PIB feed to Amibroker/Metastock/metaTrader Vs Paid feed

alroyraj

This thread compares the difference in performance, capabilities ,utility, pros and cons of importing feeds from our existing terminal of Odin or PIB versus paid feeds like TDI, MDP,etc

Now many of us started of using a variety of softwares for different purposes like:

For End Day graphs with Technical Indicators and analyses: ChartNexus, iCharts EOD
For Intraday : Profit Indicator , Google Finance, Yahoo Finance
Live Intraday Charts: Google Finance, India Bulls PIB
Bhav downloader: GetBhav

But in the end we would want to graduate to a single software to simplify things and to integrate all our techniques into a single software .
Today there are several options like the popular Amibroker, Metastock, Meta Trader etc.

Nowadays besides selecting the software there are many feed vendors who supply data like InvestBulls,TDI, MDP etc But just how good are they and can the same be achieved by importing the feed out of Odin or PIB.

Now I would like to clarify a few issues:

1. Do these vendors of paid feed provide historical backfill facility and can this be obtained from PIB or Odin.
2. Quality of data
3. Speed of updation of live feed.
4. Freezing issues during periods of high volatility.
5. Level of seamless integration of particular feed with a particular software. i.e some may be better suited to one software than another.

Agreed that all users may not have even Odin or PIB to compare with their paid feeds into these softwares but by contributing experiences we can take a decision when the gains are compelling enough to shift.

Last edited:

alroyraj

Re: Difference between Odin feed /PIB feed to Amibroker/Metastock/metaTrader Vs Paid

MetaTrader
Feeds:
1.FxCentral 1500/month

Amibroker Feeds
1.IB Central 450/month
2.Markets Data Provider 599 rs with 15 days backfill 1499 rs for all stocks and all month futures 10 usd per month of MDP for 200 odd counters
3.TDI (only cash segment) 455 pm (12 months duration), 496 pm (6 month), 546 pm (1 to 5 month) .ST all extra.
4.Esignal $125 per month for actual real time data of all stocks/futures of NSE 125 usd per month for 200 stocks of esignal esignal package comes to 21K a year with all the features one needs, {eSignal cost - $125 + Real Time fee for NSE $2
If pay one year subscription then it comes around $97 per month}
while MDP charges come to 20K for the RT4 plan
5.Quotecentre from Reuters MetaSTock MEtastock with Quotecenter.Its cost per month is (13$5-data +100$ software +20$ nse charges)=$255 per month

Metastock:
1. echartindia 3k per month for equities and 4k for commodities.
2. Viratech old prices were around 56k per year stll they charge in yearly basis.
3. Stocxtrend old prices were Rs 3120/month .Also run on their own sw platform .
However only top 60 cash stocks provided and all futures stocks supported.

Custom Software and Feeds:
Spider Iris
Feed#1 Rs 48,000/- NSE Equities and FnO
Feed#2 Rs16,000/- BSE but only if you have Feed#1.

Falcon form Reliable software
Rs 1,00,000/- a year from Equis.

Free Importer Modules:

1.Chartsdata using ODIN: Free
2. yahoo data feed from tdi costs 750 rs with 5 days backfill
pib data into amibroker real time using TDI Rs 546 per month.
http://realtimedatafeedtoamibroker.blogspot.com/2010/04/rtdf-010.html
3.InvestBulls investbulls at 350 rs
4.iCharts monthly charges of around Rs. 700) of iCharts

5.FetchFromPIB (FFP) and FetchFromODIN (FFO).
You may find more thru www.asphost4free.com/datafetchers or can join DataFetchers yahoo group for EOD Data of commodity or IEOD data of Gold, Silver and Crude of MCX.

6.Odin to AB
http://odintoab.blogspot.com/
* One Month License - Rs. 500
* Six Months License - Rs. 2500
Something about a lifetime license is now discontd

7.u may try cooltetra's ToAB. visit sw section for details

I wonder how it works out?!

8. Odin Data Importer Module id provided by TDI links both Odin (both equity and commodities) and PIB through
The TDI international software,seems like a good option backed by a stable player. No idea whats the cost.

Craeting a database is discussed here: http://www.tradinganalysis.co.in/page.php?page=Data-Sources

Last edited:

bpr

Re: Difference between Odin feed /PIB feed to Amibroker/Metastock/metaTrader Vs Paid

MetaTrader
Feeds:
FxCentral 1500/month
IBCentral 450/month

Amibroker Feeds
IB Central 450/month
Markets Data Provider 599 rs with 15 days backfill 1499 rs for all stocks and all month futures 10 usd per month of MDP for 200 odd counters
TDI (only cash segment)
Esignal $125 per month for actual real time data of all stocks/futures of NSE 125 usd per month for 200 stocks of esignal esignal package comes to 21K a year with all the features one needs, {eSignal cost - $125 + Real Time fee for NSE $2
If pay one year subscription then it comes around $97 per month}
while MDP charges come to 20K for the RT4 plan
Quotecentre from Reuters MetaSTock MEtastock with Quotecenter.Its cost per month is (13$5-data +100$ software +20$ nse charges)=$255 per month

Spider Iris
Feed#1 Rs 48,000/- NSE Equities and FnO
Feed#2 Rs16,000/- BSE but only if you have Feed#1.

Falcon form Reliable software
Rs 1,00,000/- a year from Equis.
Chartsdata using ODIN: Free
yaho data feed from tdi costs 750 rs with 5 days backfill
pib data into amibroker real time using TDI Rs 546 per month.
http://realtimedatafeedtoamibroker.blogspot.com/2010/04/rtdf-010.html
InvestBulls investbulls at 350 rs
iCharts monthly charges of around Rs. 700) of iCharts

FetchFromPIB (FFP) and FetchFromODIN (FFO).
You may find more thru www.asphost4free.com/datafetchers or can join DataFetchers yahoo group for EOD Data of commodity or IEOD data of Gold, Silver and Crude of MCX.

Odin to AB
http://odintoab.blogspot.com/
* One Month License - Rs. 500
* Six Months License - Rs. 2500
Something about a lifetime license

u may try cooltetra's ToAB. visit sw section for details

I wonder how it works out?!
I did not know ibcentral supports metatrader.
In their site nothing is mentioned.

alroyraj

Authorised Vendors:
The only Authorized Vendor in India for E Signal RT Live Feed ,Truedataindia and EOD Auto feed is Viratechindia.com. They are also the authorized reseller for Metastock and use E Signal for data feed.

alroyraj

Hey is a neat introduction on types of packages:

Trading packages tend to fall into either black box, grey box or clear box categories. You should first decide which type of package you would be more comfortable with and then assess the individual packages available in that category.

Black box systems are intended to "do it all for you". You supply the data, the software crunches the numbers and provides signals with varying degrees of explanation. Most systems avoid (at least in the marketing material) saying they provide recommendations because that can run afoul of regulatory bodies if they don't hold a license to provide financial advice. These systems usually use some proprietary decision making methodology that is NOT accessible to the end user.

Grey box systems allow more customisation than black box systems but usually at a fairly high level (i.e. more preferences and options than true customisation). They may let you pick and choose among indicators, weighting, etc using a nice, user friendly interface that makes the process fairly painless but you still do not have access to the underlying methodology.Eg Omnitrader

Clear box (or tool box) systems are the most transparent and give you access to pretty much everything. They do not contain proprietary methodologies although you usually can purchase additional, 3rd party plug-ins that "do things for you". You can use these packages to build your own trading system, use prebuilt trading systems as they are or copy prebuilt trading systems and make your own modifications. For instance MetaStock has the MetaStock Formula Language that lets you create your own indicators, explorations and experts. Amibroker is incredibly popular for its Amibroker Formula Language (AFL) .

Last edited:

bpr

I was compiling it from the threads from fellow traderji users...like an index.

Address:
http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/36737-how-fxcentral-real-time-data-feed-nse.html

Post no 7 by vxl who uses metatrader
Hi Alroyraj,

I checked the link pointed by you but nowhere it is mentioned that ibcentral provides data to Metatrader.Probably u misread it.

Also I contacted investbulls and checked again and they said they are not supporting metatrader.

So the only choice for metatrader datafeed is fxcentral for the time being.

alroyraj

Hi Alroyraj,

I checked the link pointed by you but nowhere it is mentioned that ibcentral provides data to Metatrader.Probably u misread it.

Also I contacted investbulls and checked again and they said they are not supporting metatrader.

So the only choice for metatrader datafeed is fxcentral for the time being.
Yes, i corrected it.

alroyraj

Ninja supports the following data feed for Forex, plus it is free to use.

ProSpreads
eSignal $85 + exchange fees
FuturesBetting seems to be discontd
GAIN Capital/FOREX.com (also supports Ami)
Interactive Brokers (as usual)
IQ Feed from DTN
MB Trading
Yahoo Finance

OpenTick
Patsystems
TD AMERITRADE
Track Data
TradeStation
Trading Technologies
Zen-Fire

For Equity:
Barchart $45.00-$70.00 / month
Ensign Software: Ensign Windows thru Zen-Fire data feed :$49.95 a month

Last edited:

Hello, I need some technical help in CODING a converter for Trade Tiger from Sharekhan. Can someone please advise how to do it? Thank you.