Diary of a day trader - Part 2

soft_trader

I opened it in moneybhai and trakinvest.

I am unable to figure out why the Target price has to be lesser than the market price while selling. Isn't the target price the price at which you would like to sell ?

Also, is there a method to obtain like around Rs. 1000 per day only by intraday or intraday+mf+derivatives ?
Regarding target price it might be a bug.

You can earn thousands in the market, and also lose thousands. There is no "guaranteed" return in market.

You can earn thousands in the market, and also lose thousands. There is no "guaranteed" return in market.
Got it, so any advice on any tutorials. I did the ICICI walkthrough for FNO and their classes. But I am yet to figure out how to go about investing . I am trying out Sensibull right now for it. they have something known as Advice free , so I am using that for FNO paper trade.

Also, I am trying out Zerodha for intraday.. I have no clue on how to do it but I think I might stick to Large Cap with a 20k budget and start small like really 10 or 20 shares and buy and sell over there.

Any thoughts or anything I am doing wrong please let me know

soft_trader

Got it, so any advice on any tutorials. I did the ICICI walkthrough for FNO and their classes. But I am yet to figure out how to go about investing . I am trying out Sensibull right now for it. they have something known as Advice free , so I am using that for FNO paper trade.

Also, I am trying out Zerodha for intraday.. I have no clue on how to do it but I think I might stick to Large Cap with a 20k budget and start small like really 10 or 20 shares and buy and sell over there.

Any thoughts or anything I am doing wrong please let me know
I am not an expert investor brother. Neither do I understand all the jargons of fundamentals or balance sheets. I closely follow @Smart_trade sir's investing rules and try to understand them and why he is investing.

Personally I don't like sensibull and it's recommendations. Follow ST sir's wisdom and you'll get to learn a lot of things.

For intraday trading, best is to learn with real money. In paper trading greed/fear factor is missing. So I would suggest you to start with small capital of like 5k for intraday, and trade in cash segment in small volume of 10 shares. You need to DISCIPLINED in this game.

Last edited:

Bro seems we are in the same boat, I am also confused about where should I invest; the only difference is I am using finvasia because they are more cost efficient.
What made you choose sensibul?

I am not an expert investor brother. Neither do I understand all the jargons of fundamentals or balance sheets. I closely follow @smaft_trade sir's investing rules and try to understand them and why he is investing.

Personally I don't like sensibull and it's recommendations. Follow ST sir's wisdom and you'll get to learn a lot of things.

For intraday trading, best is to learn with real money. In paper trading greed/fear factor is missing. So I would suggest you to start with small capital of like 5k for intraday, and trade in cash segment in small volume of 10 shares. You need to DISCIPLINED in this game.
Thank you for the valuable advice, will keep in mind while doing intraday. How can I also follow @smaft_trade ? does he have a twitter account or anyother account

Bro seems we are in the same boat, I am also confused about where should I invest; the only difference is I am using finvasia because they are more cost efficient.
What made you choose sensibul?
I was browsing through the internet and they had a paper trade for FNO which I am currently using. If its good , I can link it else I won't. Plus I went through their videos last year which was helpful.

I will try out finvisa also.

I opened it in moneybhai and trakinvest.

I am unable to figure out why the Target price has to be lesser than the market price while selling. Isn't the target price the price at which you would like to sell ?

Also, is there a method to obtain like around Rs. 1000 per day only by intraday or intraday+mf+derivatives ?
Limit price is the option you must choose to sell at a specific target. Remember that experts do the opposite (not always) of what the rest of us do :). When a market is moving up nicely, why would anyone sell at a fixed target price and get out? Therefore, an experienced trader will set a trigger to sell when the price starts to fall. As the price goes up, the target (minimum price the trader wants to get) is revised upwards gradually. ICICI too has a virtual (demo) account (google for it). But it does not have indicators.