Development of MyStockScreener for Intraday & Short-Term Trading

murthymsr

Younggenious,

Please refer to my earlier posts on this subject. I have nothing more to add to what I have already said so far.
Thanks.

murthymsr

good afternoon one and all! i'm new to this group and as a newly associated member of this group i thank all of you for the wonderful support in running this group.

HI MURTHYMSR
I HAVE SOME SUGGESSION ABOUT YOUR STOCK SCREENER
A)THE POINT NO 8 & 9 ARE CONTRADICTING TO EACH OTHER.THE POINT ARE-
8) Percentile Position of last day's closing price with reference to daily high & low. (5 Points)

9) Ratio of pivot point (open+high+low)/3 to closing price on the last day. (20 Points
POINT 8 STATES THAT CLOSING PRICE SHOULD BE AT HIGHER SIDE WHEREAS POINT 9 STATES CLOSING PRICE SHOULD BE LOWER.ie THE RATIO BECOMES LESS (FOR POINT9) WHEN CLOSING PRICE IS MORE AND VICE VERSA.
ALSO HIGHER THE RATIO INDICATES THAT HIGH IS AT HIGHEST AND OPEN,CLOSE,ARE ON LOWER SIDE WHICH IS A INDICATION FOR DOWNTREND DOZI.SIMILARLY LOWER THE RATIO INDICATES THAT LOW IS AT LOWEST AND OPEN,CLOSE ARE ON UPPER SIDE WHICH IS A INDICATION FOR UPTREND DOZI.
THE VALUE OF THIS RATIO VARIES FROM 0.866 TO 1.083 (CONSIDERING MAX CHANGE IS 25%)
FOR EXAMPLE
SEE INDIAINFO(RATIO-1.032) ON 30 DEC FOR DOWNTREND DOZI
SEE SATYAMCOM(RATIO-0.961) ON 30 DEC FOR UPTREND DOZI.
HOWEVER THERE IS NO EFFECT OF DOWNTREND DOZI IN DOWNTREND, UPTREND DOZI IN UPTREND.
THUS ,I THINK THE RATIO SHOULD BE CLOSING PRICE TO PIVOT POINT.AND THEN HIGHER THE RATIO CAN LEADS TO HIGHER CLOSING
ONE RESION I AM THINKING THAT YOU MAY PUT THIS TO COMPARE HIGH-LOW WITH CLOSE,BUT THIS IS DONE WITH POINT 7 AS VOLATILITY RATIO.

B)YOU CAN ALSO ADD MACD-TREND TO ONE OF THE PARAMETER

C)ADD NEGETIVE MARKING TO EACH PARAMETER,SO THAT STOCKS ARE FILTER WHICH HAVE GOT +IVE MARK IN ALL PARAMETERS.

D)ONE MORE COMMENT ON YOUR EVALUATION METHOD
YOU ARE EVALUATING BY "HIGH OF TRD-DAY TO CLOSE OF LAST DAY",THIS HAS NO MEANING BECAUSE WE CANT GURRANTY THAT WE GET THAT STOCK AT THAT CLOSING PRICE.WE SHOULD EVALUATE OUR RESULT BY "HIGH OF TRD-DAY TO OPEN FOR THAT DAY".OR "HIGH OF NEXT-TRD DAY TO OPEN FOR TODAY".
IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKE IN MY VIEWS,PL FORGIVE AS I AM A BEGGINER.
THANKS
PRSRIVASTAV

murthymsr

Dear srivtsav,

quote::
IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKE IN MY VIEWS,PL FORGIVE AS I AM A BEGGINER.
::unquote

I beg to differ. :D

Thanks for your in depth study, that too in a couple of days. I will respond pointwise.

A) Point nos 8 & 9 are in opposing nature. you are right. These are only parameters for which credits are assigned either in direct proportion or inverse proportion. I should have been more careful while putting my thoughts into words. So the words "with reference to" & "to" are not to be taken in the literal sence, but as just as a pair of two values.

B) The parameter of moving averages, their changes (increase/decrease) are now considered. Presently, I am experimenting on the periods of moving averages. Convergence/Divergence of moving averages will be considered subsequently.

C) I gave negative credits inetially, but later dropped the idea. To get more/ less gradient for a particular parameter, I sometimes may use the powers. (negative number)**fraction !!!

D) For evaluating a parameter during back testing, two criteria are considered: Close/prclose for short term selections. Weighed average of high/prclse, high/low, close/prclose is being considered for intraday selections. I feel this is a fairly correlated statistical parameter. As I am yet to implement the intraday selections, you may suggest any other better criteria. As you may be aware, I am yot to start posting of intraday selections.

I thank you once again for in depth analysis of the screener paameters and for your valuable comments. I look forward to more of such responses.

murthymsr

murthymsr

Dear trader31339,
Nice to nkow that the StockScreener selections are interesting to you.

The software is not fully automated. Lot of manual operations are involved in selecting the stocks like downloading various inputs from NSE and other sources , assigning weightages and back testing to identify the best parameters and weightages. Just to avoid answering this question repeatedly, I am slowly removing the wording that gives the feel that this is a software.

I have no plans to make the program into a downloadable model.
I can only be able to provide the selections by posting here or elsewhere.

I hope I have given all the information that I have on your question.

Lastly, I like the numbers after your ScreenName. Particularly the 313 part of it. I am very close to it in my stock selections.

Happy investing.
murthymsr

ydi

Pls recommend a good online trading software

Hi Everyone,

This seems to be a very special community of people here. Happy New Year and may we all prosper from supporting one another and learning here!

I have a request: Can anyone here recommend a good online trading software/portal?

I am currently using Indiabulls and Icici direct for trading and would like to look for another trading portal that has professional features and benefits such as a fast, reliable software, good margin funding and brokerage options and preferably professional service. I am not completely satisfied with both the facilities I am currently using and would like to upgrade.

Pros please advise.

Warm regards,
YDI

murthymsr

Hi ydi,
Thanks for your wishes to the members of this forum.

You may refer to link below
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-demat-matters/

You will get lot of information and opinions. I am afraid you may not get recomendations.
Being well informed, you may make your own choices.

Happy new year and happy investing.

murthymsr