Desktop for trading

primitivetrader

Hi,
I am in process of replacing my old system. Can somebody please suggest me decent configuration for desktop for full time trading. I am trading only crude on 5 min time frame with at max 3 charts of 5-15-60 min of crude. I use ninjatrader and sometimes amibroker (but not simultaneously).

i am open for both assembly as well as branded desktop if price is right and looking only for trading purpose.

please help.

regds,

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi,
I am in process of replacing my old system. Can somebody please suggest me decent configuration for desktop for full time trading. I am trading only crude on 5 min time frame with at max 3 charts of 5-15-60 min of crude. I use ninjatrader and sometimes amibroker (but not simultaneously).

i am open for both assembly as well as branded desktop if price is right and looking only for trading purpose.

please help.

regds,
Recently i got a new desktop for 6k.

Finally got the new pc.
Intel core2duo 2.66ghz, 2gb+1gb(old) ddr2 ram 667Mhz, intel motherboard, intex cabinet, 1yr warranty . total 6,000.

According to shopkeeper, second hand system starts from 2,800.
ST sir also said the same. :thumb:

No news about my lappy. those service centre fellows didn call yet. :annoyed:
All my latest afls are stuck in lappy.

This desktop had win 10, but now since Motherboard got changed, so they are not activating it.
I am now back to win 7. :(

Chalo something is better than nothing.

Now the task it to configure the system to make it ready for trading. :D

Raju

Hi,

please help.

regds,
Instead of desktop why not laptop ? Laptop would have battery backup...Old laptops are also available in market.If you are looking for desktop only then you need to buy UPS also.
Ideally Ninja Trader requires min. 2gb Ram and min.P4 processor but we normally have Ms-Office / Antivirus / .Net ( for Ninja) / Adobe etc..

Higher configuration machine is what I would suggest .Min 8GB ram and min Core i3 processor.This is my personal view and you can always run above software with less configuration.

aja

vijkris

Learner and Follower

kaly422000

as i heard that my system with pentium dual core with 2 gb ram(built around 2011) not competeble with nest trader, even 3.11.4.
but i am running this version and also run 3.13 in pentium dual core with 4gb ram system(built on 2012).
initilization of 3.13 taking around 2 minute but after that it seems ok as per price update. just open an account still to transfer fund but when try to trade, rejection msg come instantly but IT department of the broker can't assure about the perforfmence. any one use such system for nest trader pls share experience