Designing a profitable strategy for any kind of time

Hi everyone
I thank traderji for creating a great forum to interact.
I am relatively new to trading and I trade on technicals. The reason behind opening this forum is that I have observed that no single indicator or system works well in different months. It would be great if we interact and work on different system in different days and in different time frame.
For example, when we are expecting a trending day its not good to use MACD indicator. We can use indicator like SAR to predict the change in market direction in intraday.

I would be really happy to see members discussing this topic and get insight into this topic.
Happy trading
Pratik

In a very volatile day, the lagging indicator like MACD often gives false signal as they are the lagging and have effect after the price change happens. SAR combined with Stochastic helps to identify the reversals and then we can decide to buy at the next pivot.

I am not an expert in this and i also want the opinion of seniors.

oxusmorouz

In a very volatile day, the lagging indicator like MACD often gives false signal as they are the lagging and have effect after the price change happens. SAR combined with Stochastic helps to identify the reversals and then we can decide to buy at the next pivot.

I am not an expert in this and i also want the opinion of seniors.
How do you know if the day will be volatile till it is over?

NOMINDTR

How do you know if the day will be volatile till it is over?
You can not predict, But the charts will tell you when they are volatile, for sure:)

Charts never predict anything; they reveal everything

Happy Trading

Last edited:

oxusmorouz

You can not predict, But the charts will tell you when they are volatile, for sure:)

So tell me, in the days leading upto January, which ones do you expect to be volatile?

(Let's define volatility here as a range of 150 nifty point movement in a day for simplicity)

rkkarnani

Happy Trading
Charts reveal 'after the event' not before hand. You can get an early signal : " The day may be volatile and not that the day shall be volatile.

NOMINDTR

Charts reveal 'after the event' not before hand. You can get an early signal : " The day may be volatile and not that the day shall be volatile.
Yes I know. Thing is, I just felt the post of my friend oxusmorouz sounded little more authentic, than it was need, to a new member, caused my reply. no more no less. May be I am wrong :(

Last edited:

NOMINDTR

So tell me, in the days leading upto January, which ones do you expect to be volatile?
As I said I don't predict :) I just know the volatility when there is volatility. For my trades, I am yet to need to speculate tomorrow's market

May be you can always assume I don't know how to predict :)

And I believe there will be volatility on the days where the market participants agree with the price and do trading, my knowledge is this little.

Hi friends
Sorry for delayed reply.

Yesterday's market was initially too dull and for a long time my indicators were giving signals all too often. I want to design a system to deal with such kind of days. When we have big movement its relatively easier to catch it than these kind of days.
How do u predict whether a day will be dull or we will have big moves.

All the best for tomorrow.
Pratik