DEMAT account showing empty even though I purchased scrips !

Hi,

I am new to trading and just bought a few scrips through zerodha earlier this week. I got an SMS this morning from CDSL saying that some debit has happened in my account. When I created a login at the CDSL site and logged in, my DEMAT account is showing to be empty even though I bought scrips worth about Rs.1lac over the last 2 days.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Tried calling Zerodha but they seem to be busy !

Thanks.

vijayanscbe

Sat, 06 Aug 2016 is an exchange mock trading day. You may receive live ticks and your orders may go through. These are dummy transactions and are wiped automatically the next day.
source: kite.zerodha.com.

check tomorrow.

P.S. Google "what is meant by an exchange mock trading"

Last edited:
When did you buy those scrips ? And what was the amount of money you had in your account ?
I bought some on Wed. And then bought some Fri morning.

In my Zerodha account, I had transferred money from my bank account. Now my Zerodha balance is showing empty too (since I used all the money to buy stocks). There are no open positions shown. Holdings section is empty too. The whole account wiped clean !!

source: kite.zerodha.com.

check tomorrow.

P.S. Google "what is meant by an exchange mock trading"
Yes, I saw that when I logged in. But is what I am seeing normal? I mean nothing in the CDSL DEMAT account, and broker account showing zero balance and zero holdings/positions?? All of my scrip purchases were for delivery trades (CNC) and nothing was intraday... Stocks that I bought on Wed were showing in Zerodha "Holdings" section on Thursday itself, but now everything gone :-(

Well if that is the case, I think Zerodha must be doing server maintenance or something like that...What is the sms you received from CDSL ?
The SMS said "CDSL: Debit in a/c *00123 for 10-INFY-EQ, 20-TCS-EQ on 06AUG' received this morning around 9:30AM. Basically, I have bought all these scrips but the quantities of scrips mentioned in the SMS is wrong - some mentioned quantities are more and some less than what I had bought !

TradeOptions

@ndtrader. zerodha is known to give such shocks every now and then. But the good part is that, after sometime everything starts to show up properly in the accounts as it should be.

Please donot be too much worried, everything will be fine on Monday. The stocks that you have bought, will start to show up in your Holdings in zerodha kite. I have seen such issues happen earlier as well, nothing new in it. Although it is extremely frustrating for the guy whose demat account suddenly starts to show empty. And zerodha should sincerely try to fix this issue.

Thanks and regards

@ndtrader. zerodha is known to give such shocks every now and then. But the good part is that, after sometime everything starts to show up properly in the accounts as it should be.

Please donot be too much worried, everything will be fine on Monday. The stocks that you have bought, will start to show up in your Holdings in zerodha kite. I have seen such issues happen earlier as well, nothing new in it. Although it is extremely frustrating for the guy whose demat account suddenly starts to show empty. And zerodha should sincerely try to fix this issue.

Thanks and regards
Thank you. I really hope that this is the case.