Delta phenomenon

A

amarnath

Hi all,

Any senior traders here tried /applied Delta phenomenon to Indian stocks .

sh50

I have heard this before from another senior member. I can ofcourse google it but if you could take some trouble to explain it, I would appreciate it. Such concepts are greek to beginners(in Technicals) like us and unless somebody explains them, it is somewhat like taking a trip to Amarnath.

Welles Wilder (or "Wiggy" Wilder, as he is known, due to his affectation for a ludicrous giant grey toupee), built a reputation as a leader among technical analysts, with discoveries of many indicators such as the RSI (Relative Strength Index). Despite the mad oversized wig he likes to wear so unconvincingly, Wilder was generally accepted as a man who understood the markets. Then he discovered (with the aid of a flower child named Jim Sloman) the "Delta phenomenon" and his reputation crashed thru the floor. Put simply, this giant of TA suddenly decided that all freely traded markets were in fact controlled by the moon (or lunar - solar - earth cycles to be more precise). Welles astonishingly managed to persuade numerous clients to part with $35,000 each for this revelation, and now runs a website selling the same 'secrets' in giant hardback form (large print - it is hard to read by the light of the moon) for a puny $175. He is believed to have made a MASSIVE amount of money from this activity, perhaps more than he made trading. If you want to trade astrologically, you really must give Wiggy Wilder a go.

sh50

The very first person from whom I tried to learn trading in June2004 told me, I look at the Kundali and they try to synchronise my trades with favorable periods.This was almost like spotting the major favorable "trend"(This person had Metastock and Advanced get running on two different computers one below the other; no tipster) In my younger days, I would have scoffed at it but I have met so many educated and qualified people in my working life of last 20 years believing in it that I said with circumspection, That is a half science and not a documented science. I neither believe totally nor ignore toatally

The gentleman sitting next to him immediately said, No, no, it is a reliable and complete science but there are very few genuine practitioners of the science. Only one in a trillion would be a thoroughbred astrologer

A couple of years ago I read an interesting book called Karma, Destiny and Career by Jannette Hucknall. She stated giving examples that success is achieved only when Individual Karma, Planet Karma and country Karma combine. Talent and hardwork are not sufficient because there are other factors at play. Her examples were American but if I were to cite Indian examples, Cricketer Kapil Dev would not have been even in the cricket team had he been born in the West Indies because of four full pace fast bowlers and Ravi Shastri would probably cooling his heels if he had joined the Indian cricket team a few years before he did because of the presence of the spin quartet. Besides how can one reconcile a brilliant actor like Naseerudeen Shah not doing commercially as well as Govinda.. Only goes to show market profile is in the hands of god. One can also cite the irrationality in the stock market rates of different stokes with more or less same fundamentals at times.

Amitabh Bachchan has said in several interviews that his success was because of being at the right place at the right time. In one episode of Kaun Bangega Karodpati he said, Bhagya me likha to milega to sahi par karm karna padega. Reminds you of Samay se pahle, bhagya ze zyaada kisiko nahin milta.

Recently, medium pace bowler Irfan pathan said, There are several times where I have bowled very well and not got any wicket and vice-versa. Kapil dev mentions the same in his autobiography.

One can go on and on but there are forces beyond ones control difficult to fathom. If only our karmic charts were available and we could plan trades and insert better stop losses. Just imagine the backtesting- past several lives would tax Metastock and tradestation combined.

Last edited:

sh50

I just became aware of my father's cousin's husband. He is an excellent astrologer and I remember how correctly he told me about my past and future life a couple of decades back. He became overconfident of his own astrology and has been financially destroyed by the share market. so much for astrology. When charts and indicators are not enough to tell about shares, how can kundali/horoscope fortell life? Important lesson.

sudoku1

I just became aware of my father's cousin's husband. He is an excellent astrologer and I remember how correctly he told me about my past and future life a couple of decades back. He became overconfident of his own astrology and has been financially destroyed by the share market. so much for astrology. When charts and indicators are not enough to tell about shares, how can kundali/horoscope fortell life? Important lesson.
the guru traders ?:D

sagar,

can you upload the pic on some image sharing site? As the image is small, unable to get it clearly.

And also unable your PM facility ;)

Have a nice day
JBest

................................................................................................................

Last edited: