Daytrading - Margin Money and BSE A, B1,B2,Z Categories?

Raj bhai,

I came to know that in many cases when you're looking forward to take the delivery, then at the end of the day, there are times when you do not get the delivery... and in that case, I've heard from some distant sources that the buyer is credited with a 5% compensation or something by the stock exchange through the broker... is that correct?

I hope you do not mind my addressing you Raj bhai... please take it as a means of forwarding my due regards to yourself. Thank you.

Best regards,
Sanjay123.

Sanjay123 said:
Hello Raj,
I'm totally overwhelmed by the amount of support I'm receiving at traderji. I must thank you for the time you're taking to clarify my doubts and guide me with the right info.

It seems to me that rolling settlements are for NON INTRADAY trades when the buyer seeks deliveries. And I think rolling settlement will not take place in case of squared off day trading positions. Please let me know if I'm talking correctly with the right terms.

Regarding cash settlements, it seems it's the total cash transactions that take place at the end of every day in ONE settlement...

So the concept of rolling settlement and cash settlement seems same as aaj kaunsa dhanda kitna hua... Rolling ka kitna hua aur cash ka kitna hua... Kisi nein delivery lee means usnay rolling settlement karwaya.. aur jisnay squareoff karkay day trade kiya, uska cash settlement hua....
AM I CORRECT?

Raj bhai, please guide me on how can I know a share belongs to TT category.... With that it means that if I buy a TT category share, then I WILL HAVE TO take the delivery and make the payment... GOSH.... I'm only planning to day trade and start up right from the bottom with my learning curve... step by step... slowly and steadily... Later I plan to end up as a long term investor... for now.. Just want to hold the stock for a small time, make some profit or loss, and then just quit with learning a lesson... and that's it!

I have my power programming background and I'm learning all tips and tricks of equity trading... Keeping away from ANY info on future and options... I believe those are for expert traders who knows the real trend of the market in terms of macro-economic factors in the broader sense.

I'm told by 5paisa people that no margin is offered for z category shares... And most of the shares do not belong to z category.. Is this Z category same as TT...

New to trading... Have a question regarding 5paisa that I should ask 5paisa people rather than here... Do they square off all trades at the end of the day if I've told them that I'm here just day trading and no seeking any deliveries?

Kindly brainstorm me.
Thank you.
My best regards,
Sanjay123.

Ya u got the concept right regarding the rollling settlement and the cash settlement. Regarding the list of the stocks belonging to the z category u should check the site nseindia.com

All the trading site square off trade at the end of the trading session if you have placed trade for intraday its just the time differs.

Mostly no trading website provides intraday facility in a z category stock.
list of companies in z category is at http://203.200.89.96/scripts/STK032C1.asp#T

And sorry for the late reply.

Beyond Greed And Fear...:) :)

Sanjay123 said:
Raj bhai,

I came to know that in many cases when you're looking forward to take the delivery, then at the end of the day, there are times when you do not get the delivery... and in that case, I've heard from some distant sources that the buyer is credited with a 5% compensation or something by the stock exchange through the broker... is that correct?

I hope you do not mind my addressing you Raj bhai... please take it as a means of forwarding my due regards to yourself. Thank you.

Best regards,
Sanjay123.
Hey Sanjay I definately dont mind u calling me rajbhai. And regarding the compensation thing I am not sure. But there is a investor protection fund in nse that insures the investor against nonfullfillment of obligation by the other party involved in a trade. Give me some time i will find out and surely tell you.

Beyond Greed And Fear...:) :)

U

uasish

No in this Planet there is no such software which can help you day trade sucessfully,if there was one then (we are in the Mkt since long doing daytrading) dont you think all of us would have acquired that & by now would have few prime properties scatter all over the globe.

Incidentaly in this Forum there is a huge knowledge bank , which if Learnt sincerely then one can have Trading as a profession.

Thanx a lot . I am new to daytrading and when I came across terms amibroker and other esoteric terms i thought they are all software.

hello raj bhai,
im new to this forum... i have a small query ...will be really grateful if u clarify that.... i have some preferential shares of ISPAT IND from last almost 2 years...if i want to sell them as on date ,do i get the CMP? or the price reflected inthe DMAT? if it so , what is the locking period? is there any use hanging on to these shares for long??
thanks a lot and one more thing all you guys here are making these forums very interesting for novices like me ... i thank you all a lot... keep up the good work and happy trading