Day Trading Stocks & Futures

re: Day trading Nifty & Banknifty Futures

I think st da showd it on 3 min chart..you are using some other timeframe
oops.. my bad. I thought he said 15 min.. He said RSI(15) on 3 min, this post.

kiran_thiru

another bad luck trade. exit short from sbin @ 2421. after it made high @ 2426. later sudden fall came and now trading @ 2404.
:mad::mad::annoyed::annoyed:

both are on sell side till morning.

but sbin has broken up with big spikes at 12:45. but it failed and broke down with big red candle at 13:05. now i am also in short @ 2419. if broken 2416 we may see 2410 and there after may touch opening candle low.
today very bad day for me. but stick to rules is mondatery.

Jai Mata Di

If you dont mind me asking .. How many net points do you make on a monthly basis ?
Hi, Nirav,

Sorry I missed your your question. Net points per month completely depends on market.

As my trading system is trend following system, it catches big when there is a trend. But, now a days trending days are decreasing slowly. I usually catch around 100 pt 5-9 days - trending days on a month. But rest days mostly cancelled with each other. Like 6-7 days with minor profit or loss and rest days are only break even days.

My personal opinion we cant survive it this market as a trader if we target 10-20pt for average trades and max 30-40 pt day unless we have very good experience (10 years or more) & knowledge about market. Most traders survived with big points only. Bcoz most of days are break even days (including minor profit/loss days which cancels each other) and we have to consider other cost for trading like Electric, phone, Internet, PC maintenance many more.

For example, today I got around 47 point in two trades. Out of which one trade (shorted near days high 11:15 when nifty tried to test it again) was nearly perfect.
Still bcoz of narrow ranges, stop losses hit 5 times which cost around 35 point.
So over all profit 12 point. And brokerage is another around 8-9 pt.
So only 3 point after whole days effort. :p

But that's life, market gives 100+ point too vary easily like yesterday. And my biggest gain is around 5 to 10 times than my biggest loss. I use small stop losses multiple times to catch a big trade and very successful in this way. I am winning big even with 30-35% right trades as reward is very high than risk taken. Bcoz I win big 100 pt+ (net) in trending days. That must be aim with Sup/Res and Fibo Level based system traders.

There are others who concentrate on 60-70% sure success rate and small profits. But designing such system is not also very easy bcoz most of times market remains in range bound condition. :)
Traders have different method, but we must first try to understand the system carefully and set aim and stop loss carefully. Many traders got bankrupted trying for small profits consistently bcoz of other cost in trading. We must also think of it. Our main aim must be try to catch big profit using small stop losses and our system must Let Profits Run, which I do.

I think now friends have clear idea about my system and why it catches 100+pt in trending days. I have build it for that. Positive Expectancy of such system is very high even with 30-35% right trades. :thumb:

Best Wishes to ALL.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

* I am going for a holiday and taking a break from TJ now :).

Last edited:

@JMD

Have a good trip in case you go to some where and otherwise enjoy your holidays in what ever way you do your off time. Take care / Dan :)

nirav_j

Hi, Nirav,

Sorry I missed your your question. Net points per month completely depends on market.

As my trading system is trend following system, it catches big when there is a trend. But, now a days trending days are decreasing slowly. I usually catch around 100 pt 5-9 days - trending days on a month. But rest days mostly cancelled with each other. Like 6-7 days with minor profit or loss and rest days are only break even days.

My personal opinion we cant survive it this market as a trader if we target 10-20pt for average trades and max 30-40 pt day unless we have very good experience (10 years or more) & knowledge about market. Most traders survived with big points only. Bcoz most of days are break even days (including minor profit/loss days which cancels each other) and we have to consider other cost for trading like Electric, phone, Internet, PC maintenance many more.

For example, today I got around 47 point in two trades. Out of which one trade (shorted near days high 11:15 when nifty tried to test it again) was nearly perfect.
Still bcoz of narrow ranges, stop losses hit 5 times which cost around 35 point.
So over all profit 12 point. And brokerage is another around 8-9 pt.
So only 3 point after whole days effort. :p

But that's life, market gives 100+ point too vary easily like yesterday. And my biggest gain is around 5 to 10 times than my biggest loss. I use small stop losses multiple times to catch a big trade and very successful in this way. I am winning big even with 30-35% right trades as reward is very high than risk taken. Bcoz I win big 100 pt+ (net) in trending days. That must be aim with Sup/Res and Fibo Level based system traders.

There are others who concentrate on 60-70% sure success rate and small profits. But designing such system is not also very easy bcoz most of times market remains in range bound condition. :)
Traders have different method, but we must first try to understand the system carefully and set aim and stop loss carefully. Many traders got bankrupted trying for small profits consistently bcoz of other cost in trading. We must also think of it. Our main aim must be try to catch big profit using small stop losses and our system must Let Profits Run, which I do.

I think now friends have clear idea about my system and why it catches 100+pt in trending days. I have build it for that. Positive Expectancy of such system is very high even with 30-35% right trades. :thumb:

Best Wishes to ALL.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

* I am going for a holiday and taking a break from TJ now :).
Hello HC,

I really appreciate the detailed reply ... :thumb:
This post of yours and a cpl by ST da on this topic helps budding traders like me and others to gain experienced perspective ...

Enjoy your holiday and break and do comeback on this thread ...

The quality of discussion goes up significantly with posts from experienced traders ... :thumb:

Regards.

Jai Mata Di

Thank you very much Dan, for your wishes. We are going for Goa (India) during this Monsoon.

I wish to visit your country Switzerland: The Dream Destination, at least once in my Life with the blessings of Goddess Jai Mata Di. :)

Take Care.

H.C.