Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

when i was downloading data with this api, i had modified my internet explorer to show json data in browser n then download as a simple text file n not save as json file, it can be done by a simple edit in registry :pompus:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;
; Tell IE to open JSON documents in the browser.
; 25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13 is the CLSID for the "Browse in place" .
;

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/json]
"CLSID"="{25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13}"
"Encoding"=hex:08,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/json]
"CLSID"="{25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13}"
"Encoding"=hex:08,00,00,00
on later versions of MS office and Win 11, its not IE so one can do check accordingly.
2016+ will read the file in any format so depending on the need, it is working fine when power query imports the .json file.

Romeo1998

on later versions of MS office and Win 11, its not IE so one can do check accordingly.
2016+ will read the file in any format so depending on the need, it is working fine when power query imports the .json file.
me using very old pc :pompus::DD:DD:DD i still use ms excel 2003 :pompus::DD:DD:DD
plus handling data in json format was difficult for me, but string manipulation is very easy for me, so i decided to edit registry so i get data in text format :pompus::DD:DD:DD if there was no other solution then only solution was to upgrade system :pompus::DD:DD:DD but i have habit of using old things, i keep repairing n just dont let go :pompus::DD:DD:DD

mohan.sic

If you want NSE free data,
then use Romeo bhai link. You find a way to download that data to file. Direct excel may not work bcos of internet headers not set properly.

To import JSON data to excel, you need MS Excel 2016+ and use power query to import.
How to Parse Custom JSON Data using Excel - The Excel Club

one good thing about API is that the JSON has two objects for Total CE OI, and PE OI calculated so no need to add all strikes, but it is total for current expiry. not grand total of all expiries.

View attachment 48975
this is output from json formatter

Yeah but as you guys are saying the api link data is sometimes not available or some issues like that.
Can you suggest any paid utility or something like where i can get the sum totals of OI and change in OI for Nifty/BN ( current week alone is also ok ) to my Excel sheet.

travi

Yeah but as you guys are saying the api link data is sometimes not available or some issues like that.
Can you suggest any paid utility or something like where i can get the sum totals of OI and change in OI for Nifty/BN ( current week alone is also ok ) to my Excel sheet.
check out sensibull paid. you wont have to code. a lot of different OI monitoring ways.
the rest involve writing code and dealing with API plus api cost.
the ones others are using is Option Tools (icharts.in) and opstra/definedge is also there.

https://mybs.in/2cD8rVo

No federal bailout for bank risking approximately 1 lac jobs.

Monday to Friday can get opportunity to accumulate good stocks.
What good stocks ?? :D
@timepass
@travi @Romeo1998 @Smart_trade
And Experts
I am anticipating new multi baggers will once this turmoil settled . old multi baggers will be totally out from investors list its as good as thrash .

Can we identify this ?
I don't know. In the downside I purchased small quantities of GAIL, REC, PFC, IOC, ONGC. Waiting for PTC in 85-89 range.

Need opinion on RVNL and IRFC.