Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Nish

Looks like IVix is being managed by big players to eat premiums on both side.

Looking at option OI data, it is evident that Option writers are trying to keep N btween 18200 and 18400 plus/minus 50pts on either side. Same way BN may be kept btwn 42200 to 42400 +/- 100 pts on either side range.

Only after break out OR Break down of these ranges may see some meaningful moves on either side, I guess !

Due to decreased IVIX , Very small increase in Call and Put premiums - is mostly keeping profits very small .

Am doing only scalping on both side today ! :)

Just an observation !

from Pradeep bonde (aka stockbee), very nice write-up,

The choice for traders is between Magnitude moves and duration moves. Each of them is a profitable way to trade but requires different methods.

Magnitude moves are moves where a stock makes a very big move in a short period of time. The magnitude and speed of the move are critical in this kind of move.

Duration moves are when stock keeps going up for a long period of time. But speed may not be very rapid. Trend-following approaches work best for these.

Select which one you want to trade. Then you will have a lot of clarity.
Traders thrive on magnitude and speed moves. By capturing hundreds of small timeframe magnitude moves traders can grow accounts rapidly.

Traders thrive on magnitude and speed moves. By capturing hundreds of small timeframe magnitude moves traders can grow accounts rapidly.

Magnitude moves and duration moves need a different approach to finding and trading. The criteria which might lead to magnitude moves are often very short-term. Duration moves require different scanning and identification approach. They require higher skills.

By choice, I only trade magnitude moves. My strategy is to find hundreds of magnitude moves in a year and use very close stops to make quick money.

Nish

rude is exactly near support line and IDEALLY a reversal should happen. BUT ...

POSITIONALLY there are is a chance that IF, Crude MCX stays below 8620 may head towards 8277.

Do'nt know why chart is suggesting such a steep fall and what big turmoil is hidden in near future - which has made the Crude chart so much bearish.

View strictly for STUDY PURPOSE !
Following view only for my own trading, Do your OWN STUDY before taking any position! If wrong, pl share diff view :

Crude did exactly as expected !
Below 8620, downside resumed. Todays low till now is around 8250 !

Now IF breach 7960 , 8030 may be in sight ! And IF stays below 7900 consistently , THEN ONLY , a free fall is expecting !

Proper SL every-where is always good to STOP Big LOSS !

Nish

Following view only for my own trading, Do your OWN STUDY before taking any position! If wrong, pl share diff view :

BN cp=42264.

Looking for BULLISH trade. In the morning traded 42200 CEs, got 85 pts per lot !
Strong support at 41900 to 42060 zone, ONLY below this level , may consider BEARISH trades !

ELSE for me, I think , 42150 to 42380 range is tardable on both sides - LONG as well as SHORT !

from Pradeep bonde (aka stockbee), very nice write-up,

The choice for traders is between Magnitude moves and duration moves. Each of them is a profitable way to trade but requires different methods.

Magnitude moves are moves where a stock makes a very big move in a short period of time. The magnitude and speed of the move are critical in this kind of move.

Duration moves are when stock keeps going up for a long period of time. But speed may not be very rapid. Trend-following approaches work best for these.

Magnitude moves and duration moves need a different approach to finding and trading. The criteria which might lead to magnitude moves are often very short-term. Duration moves require different scanning and identification approach. They require higher skills.

By choice, I only trade magnitude moves. My strategy is to find hundreds of magnitude moves in a year and use very close stops to make quick money.
I have been following him for quite some time. the guy is a genius. at first, whatever he says does not make sense (watch his youtube) but after a couple of attempts, things will start falling into place. his approach is very aggressive. also one needs to adjust his methods as per Indian equity markets.

for people who want to grow their accounts fast his methods are the go-to methods. but one needs to adjust himself quite a lot. most of his methods (barring ANTS & EP setups) are real-time scans and taking positions fast at the market.
magnitude moves are difficult to come in large-cap stocks most of the time. smallcap and mid-cap stocks are best suited for magnitude moves.

Nish

BN cp=42264.

Looking for BULLISH trade. In the morning traded 42200 CEs, got 85 pts per lot !
Strong support at 41900 to 42060 zone, ONLY below this level , may consider BEARISH trades !

ELSE for me, I think , 42150 to 42380 range is tardable on both sides - LONG as well as SHORT !

BN cp = 42373.

As observed abv, BN recovered from days low to bullish zone and Done with Bullish trade , BUT HDFCBank is NOT showing any confidence to prop-up BN to upside.

NOW ON , I would be careful with BN LONG trades with proper SL, and may try to find SHORT opportunities on upper Resistance levels !