Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Romeo1998

got it but is it really smooth ? may be try IB they have features inbuilt ( I dint use yet ) or motilal. You can directly place the target order for your spread position.
i have account with IB also, but it is almost dormant :pompus: i dont think any broker will have complete flexibility in order firing... means.. what i have seen is, most brokers have a fixed set of rules for selecting spread... for example.. if market is at 16300, n if u want to open a bull call spread, so it will directly place order at 16200 and 16400.... but what if someone wants strikes 16000 and 17000... this kind of customization is not there with any broker in india... so i simply use API of zerodha n have created my own tiny utility in c# which list all the combinations n give me best spread value... example.... 16000-16100 , then 16000-16200 till 17000... then 16100-16200, 16100-16300 till 17000... like that... max reward n max risk is calculated , n best risk/reward spread is chosen n then order is fired if i keep it on auto.... i want these kind of features n many more, as i have multiple spreads n i keep converting positions to lock in profit or to come out with no profit/loss.... it is very important to select the best possible spread with best R:R, if any broker has this facility, i will their life long customer :pompus::DD:DD:DD
daxsjgg-f8ff4772-c5ba-4051-a000-5265462cc39d.gif

Fed did increased by 0.75%.they also commented 0.5% increase is a given in July &aug meeting. So rbi hands are tied. Till rupee strengthen or oil drops inflation is going to pile on existing 10% inflation in the last 3 months. So either rbi do a adhoc meet in June with a 0.5% or 0.75% in aug & another 0.5% in oct. They have to front load all increase to dampen inflation expectations of the public. In Reality oil is eating every one's lunch. Common man's budget of essential commute,food ,rent, electric bill eyc is squeezing of all other discretionary spending. Till the usa military industrial complex makes peace with Iran, Venezuela& Russia,we have to suffer oil price induced stagflation. China bluffing covid & creating all supply chain shortages in usa. War with out a bullet . Life in usa for all ordinary people has become a nightmare due to stagflation like Venezuela. That's what china wants.
EUREKA at last I found my lost friend @brokenbull , हे you are talking about inflation. Word of caution some one start criticizing you be ready. I also with you.

mohan.sic

i have account with IB also, but it is almost dormant :pompus: i dont think any broker will have complete flexibility in order firing... means.. what i have seen is, most brokers have a fixed set of rules for selecting spread... for example.. if market is at 16300, n if u want to open a bull call spread, so it will directly place order at 16200 and 16400.... but what if someone wants strikes 16000 and 17000... this kind of customization is not there with any broker in india... so i simply use API of zerodha n have created my own tiny utility in c# which list all the combinations n give me best spread value... example.... 16000-16100 , then 16000-16200 till 17000... then 16100-16200, 16100-16300 till 17000... like that... max reward n max risk is calculated , n best risk/reward spread is chosen n then order is fired if i keep it on auto.... i want these kind of features n many more, as i have multiple spreads n i keep converting positions to lock in profit or to come out with no profit/loss.... it is very important to select the best possible spread with best R:R, if any broker has this facility, i will their life long customer :pompus::DD:DD:DD
View attachment 47840

Is it so with IB ? that's very strange ..how can broker fix the strikes to trade ? I feel you should check it again.

You idea of creating a custom app to identify the opportunities is excellent :up:
As you said I think we don't have brokers providing those features or at least we don't know.

But why I suggested IB or motilal is not for identifying spread opportunities, these broker terminals help only in order management.
That is, i/o of firing market orders based on level of underlying index, you can place limit spread order and broker terminals bid the order directly based actual option prices. By this you can overcome issues like bid/ask spread and sometimes even get advantage of it.