Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Krishan sir can also change etf SIP date from 1st every month to monthly expiry day... I haven't tested this myself but PRS says that this improves return drastically... try kar ke dekh lo...
another strategy used is to double the investment in months where there is certain percentage fall in the underlying...

Hi @Smart_trade Sir,
Here is an updated matrix:
1655234815462.png

Question for @Smart_trade sir:
1. If one is ok with the drawdown, and want to invest 50% of entire portfolio in midcap and 50% in small cap. Do you see any issue that we can hit down the line considering that there was no investment in Largecap Fund?
2. What is an average CAGR achieved by good investors over long period of time with a decent capital (5-10 Cr). Need to know to keep it as a benchmark as i evolve as a better investor over time.

Detailed calculations is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eJie2WHFy4nyYNNUyaqxxAxRgq-djM9FRqOddZbpMnA/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Hi @Smart_trade Sir,
Here is an updated matrix:
View attachment 47830

Question for @Smart_trade sir:
1. If one is ok with the drawdown, and want to invest 50% of entire portfolio in midcap and 50% in small cap. Do you see any issue that we can hit down the line considering that there was no investment in Largecap Fund?
2. What is an average CAGR achieved by good investors over long period of time with a decent capital (5-10 Cr). Need to know to keep it as a benchmark as i evolve as a better investor over time.

Detailed calculations is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eJie2WHFy4nyYNNUyaqxxAxRgq-djM9FRqOddZbpMnA/edit?usp=sharing
You can also do similar analysis assuming lumpsum investment of say Rs 25-30 Lacs at the beginning and holding for 10 years....that may give many clues for investment of larger capital.

Your questions are answered below :

1) If one can bear the drawdowns then 50% in small cap and 50 % in midcap is fine...but your lumpsum analysis will reveal that the drawdowns could be very nasty....so if you do not depend on these investment returns and have some other income stream/asset class then it is worth taking the risk as the rewards will be more than 3 times.

2) Good investors try to achieve 22-25 % CAGR on their investments.In some stocks/investments they even make 60-80-100 % CAGR for 2-3 years but that is very difficult and it cannot be done year after year so on overall medium/large ( over Rs 1 Cr ) portfolio if one makes 18-22 % CAGR one is doing a good job. This is very generalised return and it may depend on market conditions,state of economy etc After some years of superior growth, CAGR of even the high performers slow down ( examples Maruti,Sun Pharma ).

Last edited:
www.advisorkhoj.com site has some good SIP,Lumpsum,SWP calculators for various AMC and various MF schemes.....you may take help from there...

As you are thinking of investing your retirement funds, doing Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) calculations will also be very interesting ( and rewarding ) for you.I use these calculators very extensively for my MF investments.

Last edited:
Fed Reserve will most likely increase the interest rates by 0.75 % in tomorrows meet and this increase is already built in the prices of stocks worldwide.But US Fed will have to increase total 3-3.5 % in next 1.5 years so few more large increases in time to come.

In India our RBI does not have to increase the rates that much, we will do total 1.5-2 % and we have already done 0.5 % so 1-1.5 % to come in next 1.5 years.We are comparatively in better shape as fundamentals of our companies ,tax collections, GST Collections ,Capex,Credit offtake are showing signs of good growth. US investors/Funds are selling emerging markets stocks because more of their own compulsions in their markets than any adverse signs in Indian economy.

Last edited: