Day Trading Stocks & Futures

I am a trader. I don't need to support the government nor I need to oppose it. Charts are enough for my trading.

Watching 9 pm news gives tunnel vision. Please let me know how 500 points on Nifty should be taken off because some small country called Qatar is unhappy with a TV debate in India. There are 50 companies in the Nifty, They should lose 3% of their annual growth/profit, to take off 500 points because someone in some corner of the world is unhappy with that debate. Please share your calculations. Just wanted to understand the genius in you.
I think you are not aware of Qatar might.

Petroleum and natural gas are the cornerstones of Qatar's economy and account for more than 70% of total government revenue, more than 60% of gross domestic product, and roughly 85% of export earnings. Qatar has the world's third largest proven natural gas reserve and is the second-largest exporter of natural gas.
America and EU are strongest supporting nation.
When Qatar was bycoted by Arabian countries.

The strong supporting countries made smooth sailing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco...tural gas are,largest exporter of natural gas.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...agree-deal-to-end-three-year-boycott-of-qatar

I highly recommendations is to go through link containts.

Some will get wider vision. ;)

Thanks for consistancy .
Any it's weekend you have good time to improve tunnel vision.

Let me rephrase the question.

How much inflation do we need for repo rate to hit 7.5%?

Considering that we are in an interconnected world and where does this take the dollar value in rupees?

What could be India's balance of payments position if such a thing were to happen?

What could happen to our stock market during such times?

How does this impact gold and real estate?

What could happen to home loan customers?

Now, let me extend this further.

Would we ever face that situation if India completely transitioned to hydrogen economy? (Assuming all other production/consumption patterns stay the same and 100% hydrogen is produced locally.)
When basic are not clear this sort of questions hunts.

Do you have silightest idea how much it costly to built hydrogen plant.

Still green hydrogen long run dream at least for India.

Good analysis done. My initial observations are as under :

I have not checked the details of calculations .Have you taken into consideration of all corporate actions such as Bonus,Splits,rights in case of stocks ?Have you considered the dividend incomes from stocks ?Please check your calculations again.....stocks should have given you much better returns than mutual funds though small and mid cap funds have given excellent CAGR in last 10 years.

The stocks we have selected are mostly large cap stocks and we are comparing the returns with Large,Multicap ,Midcap and small cap MFs. Out of these 4 sectors, three sector MFs namely Midcap,Multicap and small cap MFs giving high volatility and also high returns ....so the comparison is not apples to apples comparison .Compare stocks returns with Largecap MFs or take bluechip small and midcap stocks also in the coparison.Small and Mid cap MFs have given upwards of 17-18 % CAGR returns in last 10 years.

I have tossed this querry to some of my more knowledgeable and experienced investor friends ,let us see if we get some more insights from them...
ST DA ,
Good to see your posts.

Big game has been played.
Once I mentioned in my post you will get discounted rate.
Don't worry our operator will make investors uncomfortable for bit long time. So people will book losses and exit.
I am expecting LIC share price will be hammered till ESOP Quota price.
Already they have locking period.
So they can't sell.
There will be bottom fishing and then it will take upside direction.
Expert opinion please.....
And as usual my criticizing member kept consistancy.

sridhga

I think you are not aware of Qatar might.

Petroleum and natural gas are the cornerstones of Qatar's economy and account for more than 70% of total government revenue, more than 60% of gross domestic product, and roughly 85% of export earnings. Qatar has the world's third largest proven natural gas reserve and is the second-largest exporter of natural gas.
America and EU are strongest supporting nation.
When Qatar was bycoted by Arabian countries.

The strong supporting countries made smooth sailing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco...tural gas are,largest exporter of natural gas.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...agree-deal-to-end-three-year-boycott-of-qatar

I highly recommendations is to go through link containts.

Some will get wider vision. ;)

Thanks for consistancy .
Any it's weekend you have good time to improve tunnel vision.

From the above, Qatar has to be more careful while dealing with its customers. They already have political enemies/competitors in their own neighborhood. Their export is a commodity that is prone to cycles and alternatives. On the other hand, India's exports are more diverse not constrained with such limitations. India's dependence on NG is much lesser than the USA and EU on per-capita basis. It will be so in the years to come. India does not use gas for winter heating. For cooking, India has already built alternative energy model based on LPG, although this is expensive in the long run.

Still your assumption of some TV debate hurting Qatar's government and thereby denying gas to India and access to markets is completely wrong. Those countries have low food production to sustain their populations. Many of them who registered a protest with India, including Turkey, Egypt depend on Indian food in times of crisis. For some pointers about Qatar's food crisis and its dependence on India, you can read this: https://www.oneindia.com/india/qata...and-what-india-is-doing-about-it-3418148.html

You need not worry about my vision. My trading does not depend on political rants. It depends on price action charts and I am a profitable full time day trader and I am proud of that. It is your turn to figure out if trading is working out for you based on your political analysis.

Last edited:

sridhga

When basic are not clear this sort of questions hunts.

Do you have silightest idea how much it costly to built hydrogen plant.

Still green hydrogen long run dream at least for India.

That was a hypothetical question. The original question was about Repo-rate and inflation. Please read the post objectively this time. Don't get carried away. Does not suit a trader.

Now some pointers to your hydrogen assumptions:
https://www.spglobal.com/marketinte...ts-have-fallen-and-will-keep-falling-63037203

Last edited: