Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Smart_trade, can you please share your opinions/views about the CANSLIM method of investing. and about growth investing
I have studied CANSLIM method developed by William O'Neil but I find it is like investing in different stocks like swing trading and growth investing is like long term investing.Once the company starts generating free cash flow its price will compound for several years no matter what SEBI does,what RBI does,who is US President,what is China doing etc etc.....but CANSLIM is a competent method based on sound parameters .My choice is for growth investing as it is well tuned to my mental setup.I like to buy strong stocks in a correction and sell them when they become stretched. I love playing this game and getting paid handsomely for playing a game which I like....

Last edited:
@Smart_trade can you please suggest some book for an understanding of basic financial terms and their implication for fundamental analysis for a beginner who wants to understand fundamentals more.

for the past couple of months, I am following the CANSLIM method. as you have rightly pointed out it's more swing trading/short-term investing, which suits me than long-term investing.

@Smart_trade can you please suggest some book for an understanding of basic financial terms and their implication for fundamental analysis for a beginner who wants to understand fundamentals more.

for the past couple of months, I am following the CANSLIM method. as you have rightly pointed out it's more swing trading/short-term investing, which suits me than long-term investing.
There are number of Utube videos by Dr Anil Lamba ( he is a practicing Chartered Accountant ) which explain financial terms in simple language.He has also written books such as "Finance for Non Finance Executives ", "How to read Balance Sheet ".......Any 11/12 th standard commerce book-keeping book also will be useful in understanding Balance Sheet,Profit and Loss Account, Cash Flow Statement etc.

Last edited: