Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Porinju and Shankar Sharma on TV simultaneously... clearly, markets are indecisive... ;)
On more serious note, they seem pretty strong to me - but volatility/momentum has crashed intraday. Turn from Weekly flag in Nifty is holding pretty well and downside moves keep getting bought.
I am hoping for few sharp trend days down to shake up this environment. Moves up then also have momentum - but not happening so far.

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala says we are in a 10 year strong bull market and he is very very bullish on Banks and financials,Commodities companies like steel,Pharma companies.
Sir, he has been telling people to buy bank/finance from past few years while the banking stocks he has invested seems like gamble stocks. He has also not invested in any steel companies but on construction. None are big names, its easy to say he picks undervalued stocks later if it works out. May be he sees something that i don't, may be invested less than 1% in visibly good stocks, i might be very wrong,way off here, but he seems more like a lucky gambler to me.

Sir, he has been telling people to buy bank/finance from past few years while the banking stocks he has invested seems like gamble stocks. He has also not invested in any steel companies but on construction. None are big names, its easy to say he picks undervalued stocks later if it works out. May be he sees something that i don't, may be invested less than 1% in visibly good stocks, i might be very wrong,way off here, but he seems more like a lucky gambler to me.
We as investors should give very little importance to what someone says or which scrips he is buying...we keep reading these posts just to know the investor sentiments and we do our own assessment and study of financials to decide what to buy.....I also dont touch any low ranking public sector banks just because they are undervalued....as they may be undervalued for a reason .I dont buy any commodity stocks also as they are cyclical in nature and I cannot time the commodities cycles.We can listen to all but do only what our mind tells us to do.I dont agree with his 10 year bull market views too.....

Our economy will open after corona and strong companies will grab market share from weak companies and that will give a good upmove for some more time.....my views only.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
I am a full time investor/trader from over last 20 years......Not a technocrat or auditor by profession though by qualifications I am BE,MIE,MBA , no other income source. .Earlier I was a full time trader, now as my capital has increased manyfold, I am a full time investor and trading is for fun and hobby.....my audit and accounts exposure is because I am getting audit done for my trading business through a same CA for over 25 years and filing my Income Tax Returns every year so I know all the accounting and income/taxation heads .Being an engineer I did not understand accounting, cash flow etc but I learnt it from 12 th class accounting books so that I can read company balance sheet and Profit and Loss accounts.

No family wealth inheritance as I come from a very lower middle class family .......but these days we have fantastic opportunities to grow our wealth, so either we see the opportunities and make full use of them or keep complaining for everything is in our hands.....hope that answers all your questions....
Could you kindly show us your previous 2-3 years trades and taxes summary ? So that, we might get inspiration from that...

Could you kindly show us your previous 2-3 years trades and taxes summary ? So that, we might get inspiration from that...
I have nothing inspirational in me. I make very boring 22-25 % per annum on my portfolio which many in this thread will not even look at....for inspiration there are many on Twitter with impressive figures......I am not anywhere near them....

I have nothing inspirational in me. I make very boring 22-25 % per annum on my portfolio which many in this thread will not even look at....for inspiration there are many on Twitter with impressive figures......I am not anywhere near them....
Sir, Are you on Tweeter? Can I follow you?