Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Smart_trade Sir,
I have a doubt, pls provide ur feedback...
If we pledge stock for additional margin and if, lets say the broker shuts down its shop/bankrupt (or any other unforseen event happens with broker), will our stocks be available for unpledging or it can get into trouble ?

Thanks !
In theory it should be available for unpledging but if the broker goes bankrupt,there could be some practical issues as the broker has to give consent to his DP for unpledging the shares pledged through him.

Smart_trade

Is there anyone who successfully trades in stocks (cash) on Daily Timeframe here?
I have not tried it so far and just thinking whether expense will be too much for holding period of say a week or two, as stt goes up 8 times and stamp duty by 5 times.

travi

Is there anyone who successfully trades in stocks (cash) on Daily Timeframe here?
I have not tried it so far and just thinking whether expense will be too much for holding period of say a week or two, as stt goes up 8 times and stamp duty by 5 times.
my intra universe is around top 100-120 but around 30 or so for daily and most are portf stocks as well.
Limited quality stocks acts as safety net so i don't have to worry about strict SLs and also allows better opportunity to average lower.
Generally say every -10%.
Also allows larger capital allocation per trade and the less tension of managing overall large capital.
then i keep cycling like - buy support / book ress or trail with half etc

Apart from that 5-10 names keep reshuffling when stock or sector specific momentum is identified.

Movement is quite large both ways, so for me, the method of tight / strict SL didnt go quite well and adapted like i described.
In good momentum, you can look at 20% return as well.

my intra universe is around top 100-120 but around 30 or so for daily and most are portf stocks as well.
Limited quality stocks acts as safety net so i don't have to worry about strict SLs and also allows better opportunity to average lower.
Generally say every -10%.
Also allows larger capital allocation per trade and the less tension of managing overall large capital.
then i keep cycling like - buy support / book ress or trail with half etc

Apart from that 5-10 names keep reshuffling when stock or sector specific momentum is identified.

Movement is quite large both ways, so for me, the method of tight / strict SL didnt go quite well and adapted like i described.
In good momentum, you can look at 20% return as well.
Yes investment style trade management should not be affected by taxes as much, i am just thinking whether it would be feasible for smaller holding period of few days for losing trades to 1-2 weeks for best winners, trading patterns somewhat actively.

Slippage impact would be much much less vs intraday where my actual costs are doubled due to impact cost. So maybe that will give enough room for an edge to work out hopefully.