Day Trading Stocks & Futures

shivroy

Learning License
@shivroy

Your post on Balrampurchini few days ago worked well...seems 10% return, I dint trade but shared your image in a friends group and one of them was telling that he took a position...
It should go till 280-300, and will wait for retest of 180-200, for validation of BO.

lemondew

In my opinion it's easier to learn programming, backtest and trade with a system with known histrical drawdown and underwater period and realistic returns.

Trying to find out trades which will have very high hit rate and very high risk reward is much more difficult. Honestly myself, tracer bullet and all have moved from there to accepting drawdowns. Fortunate to have figured out some really profitable no nonsense traders.

If you are not making reasonable money it would be better to take the first route than later. Also some coders could be hired for your theories for non technical guys.....

Hi
This is the chart of 5Paisa, I analyzed this chart in Jan and was anticipating breakout like shown. But it was a failed breakout.

I would like to know why it failed on that breakout in my chart. it broke out of channel but came back down. why.
Could anyone please help me understand based on their method of analysis,how it could have been sensed as false breakout at the arrow marked in jan.
Thanks
View attachment 45886
Trading does not work this way. Results are probabilistic. You can follow all correct rules and still lose and vv. And not just one trade but for a series of trades too. That's why drawdowns are inevitable. Last year my win rate was around 50%, and i had a ~5 month period of down and up and up and down with result almost flat. Sometimes everything works, sometimes nothing works and sometimes in between. And high costs dont help. Maybe a god trader ( or a fake trader .. ) might claim he is always profitable but for most of us this is how it works. Including multi decade experienced and capable traders like Adam Grimes. This is something i did not know for a long time unfortunately.

1st task is to check whether rules have edge after large sample of trades. And then to follow them without mistake through +ve and -ve periods ..
Whole picture of trading summed up in simple terms (i mean mechanical way) !! my two system ROI is around 62 % and 49 % for F.y 2020-21..there are 4 /3 months of DD in each system !!,scaling could not be done in the way i intended

Now some fear is showing in the minds of people and also in the markets.....it is a necessary condition for markets to end its correction......it will accelerate in days to come and will take us closer to the eventual market swing bottom...till then take good care of self and family.....

Now some fear is showing in the minds of people and also in the markets.....it is a necessary condition for markets to end its correction......it will accelerate in days to come and will take us closer to the eventual market swing bottom...till then take good care of self and family.....
i was saying the same thing that consolidation would be over very soon . Bottom by the end of this month.