Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

No takers for IRFC for a month post listing but railtel has hit back to back UCs :D
Very difficult to understand this.
@travi sir, any comments ?
I'm just looking at the monopoly angle in IPOs.
Homefirst / IRFC etc are all lenders/nbfc and this is rarely monopolistic. Very easy for anyone to grab mkt share and a pretty risk business.

Happiest Minds doesn't fit it but for some reason its pretty high.

Some of the others like Route mobile / railtel etc have a strong forte.

iwillwin

there is this guy sushil kedia who is giving shorts on Bajfinance on cnbc...targets long term 1800 levels...short term 4500-3800...
on psu if there is 25 perc dip he is asking to buy for 50 perc upmove....
aise kon targets deta hai without sl

mohan.sic

I trade daily GTT orders in Zerodha only for Bankbees & Niftybees. (all other stocks I trade in amo in both zerodha & Finvasia .
(Bankbees & Niftybees not eligible for AMO)
Today Buy bankbees order triggered & CNC buy executed in zerodha. Got GTC/GTT zerodha is the best .No extra charge.If you sell same day ofcourse usual brokerage .if overnight no brokerage. (only govt taxes)

Thanks for this. For now I.am using amo. Helpful.

mohan.sic

I want to know under what circumstances a circuit is opened. For example, a share hits upper circuit. After some time, the exchange increases the upper circuit.
Circuits are on stocks like 5 or 10 percent and I think they are not opened for the day after hit.

I think you are referring to bands on fno symbols which are fixed like 20%. And they are opened if the hit is backed by movement in underlying. But if it's caused due to speculation or erroneous orders on that fno symbol ( which happens sometimes in far otm strikes) they are not opened.

Thanks.

raju.vzm

St sir,

I have almost equal amount of SIP's in
axis blue chip,
axis focused 25 fund,
Axis mid cap,
sbi small cap,
Mirae emerging bluechip portfolio,
axis ELSS and
mirae ELSS funds.

Along with that I am buying large cap shares like BF, demart, AP, hdfc bank etc in dips.

Now I am getting a feel like I need to reduce my large cap exposure in mf catagory and increase the amount in mid & small cap, so thinking to stop either 1 of SIP between axis blue chip or axis focused 25 fund. But both of them are performing very well. Can u give me any suggestions on my portfolio rebalancing.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
St sir,

I have almost equal amount of SIP's in
axis blue chip,
axis focused 25 fund,
Axis mid cap,
sbi small cap,
Mirae emerging bluechip portfolio,
axis ELSS and
mirae ELSS funds.

Along with that I am buying large cap shares like BF, demart, AP, hdfc bank etc in dips.

Now I am getting a feel like I need to reduce my large cap exposure in mf catagory and increase the amount in mid & small cap, so thinking to stop either 1 of SIP between axis blue chip or axis focused 25 fund. But both of them are performing very well. Can u give me any suggestions on my portfolio rebalancing.

Thanks in advance.

When you increase your exposure to small and mid cap stocks,you should be prepared for the larger volatility and drawdowns which come with small and midcap funds.You already have exposure in small/midcap by Axis Midcap,SBI small cap, Mirae asset emerging bluechip ( this fund has 26-27 % in midcap and 12-13 % in small caps) .......so that is good enough I guess.....I am investing in HDFC Midcap Fund ,you may like to have a look at that fund but it really hurts in market downturns so be ready for that.

raju.vzm

When you increase your exposure to small and mid cap stocks,you should be prepared for the larger volatility and drawdowns which come with small and midcap funds.You already have exposure in small/midcap by Axis Midcap,SBI small cap, Mirae asset emerging bluechip ( this fund has 26-27 % in midcap and 12-13 % in small caps) .......so that is good enough I guess.....I am investing in HDFC Midcap Fund ,you may like to have a look at that fund but it really hurts in market downturns so be ready for that.
Thanks for that. I am thinking axis bluechip and axis focused funds are in similar catagory. And do you think it's better to stop investing further in 1 of them. If so which one is better to keep investing in between them by considering my entire pf.

IDFC First Bank new 52 weeks high......I expect this bank to go much higher in next 2 years......but do your own study before investing .

Thanks for that. I am thinking axis bluechip and axis focused funds are in similar catagory. And do you think it's better to stop investing further in 1 of them. If so which one is better to keep investing in between them by considering my entire pf.

Both are good funds with good performance so very difficult to choose one between the two......I expect market to go higher in next 3 years so stopping SIP at this stage I dont recommend.