Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Need to invest last trance of money allocated to FDs and fixed income Travi sir... smaller amount but not peanuts... ready for relatively higher risk, high return... kuch aur avenues ho toh wo bhi suggest karo sir...
Consider debt funds ( medium term /corporate bonds funds ) they give 6-8 % average per annum and biggest plus point is one can liquidate them at 1 days notice and deploy in markets when the market corrects.....

I am currently parking my excess funds in 12 such funds......distribution is to reduce risk.Debt funds also carry some risk...

Last edited:
Happy Singh taught me this ...rather than wait for gap filling commit small qty to trade...like say 5-10 qty in cash or 1 lot in fut...
By this there is no fomo...also if trade fails sl is always there...Most of the moves are not captured due to poor execution
i already trade in 2 lots in nifty. so 1 lot is still half position but i get what you mean.. have some skin in the strong trend.

today didnt repeat that mistake and captured morning move.

If you miss the best entry in the trend, use the next best entry which comes along.......but get into the trend.
last 2-3 times this move turn out to be fomo move and caught up in wrong side/late in move. had to bear some losses, so pullbacks or retests increase confidence, thats why waiting.

sridhga

If I have hurt anyone sentiment I am saying sorry from bottom of my heart.
I really don't understand what's a reason for chasing with negative remarks.
If hurt you knowingly or unknowingly. I am sorry specifically to you.
Let's have some fun on our thread.
Trading and investing is stressful. So sometimes have fun to relax ourselves. :p
Trading and investing are not stressful. They are fun by themselves. This is true if you are aligned with the trend. You would find it stressful if you follow news, other events around you like, "laborers walking home", " Drama unfolding in the USA" kind of thoughts. That leads to negativity. Negativity kills traders. Whenever such event happens, you get excited and post it. Please check your own previous posts,

Trading does not depend on our political views. It does not depend on any external factors. Heck, it does not even depend on what we think about this world around us. It depends on (1) price that is right in front of us on the screen and how we (2) react to that price. It also depends on our (3) risk-management and (4) money-management skills. If we find trading stressful, we have to look inwards for the reasons.

I have nothing against you or any other id here. For me everyone is just an id, whom I have not seen or met. I still come here to discuss trading. Negative views of the world can crush traders as well as their accounts. Capitalism thrives on positive view of the world. So if any one (any id) comes to post their vomit after watching lot of news that they were not able to digest, I have learnt to make fun of them. Media has an inherent incentive to sensationalize things. Without that sensation, people at our 24/7 channels would become unemployed.

I consider you as just another id. And you may consider me in a similar way. Why would I care even if you are a chat bot? So, let me make it clear. I am not hurt. I am having lot of fun. But if someone watches news and comes here to tell us that the world is coming to an end, I may make fun of them, because, I am studying the markets since 1989. I know the world is not coming to an end. And yet again, the chart just moves on with another bar on the right side. That's all.

Last edited:
Consider debt funds ( medium term /corporate bonds funds ) they give 6-8 % average per annum and biggest plus point is one can liquidate them at 1 days notice and deploy in markets when the market corrects.....

I am currently parking my excess funds in 12 such funds......distribution is to reduce risk.Debt funds also carry some risk...
ST Sir, Can you please name few good Debt funds currently in market?

The debt funds in which I have parked my funds for short time till the better opportunity comes for re-deployment are as under :

1) Birla Sunlife Corporate Bonds Fund -Direct-Growth
2) HDFC short term Debt fund-D-G
3)HDFC Corporate Bonds Funds-D-G
4) HDFC Medium Duration Debt Fund-D-G
5) ICICI Prudential Ultra Short Term Fund-D-G
6) ICICI Pru Retirement Fund-D-G
7) Kotak Dynamic Bond Fund -D-G
8) Kotak Bonds ST Fund -D-G
9) Axis Dynamic Bonds Fund -D-G
10) Axis ST Fund D-G
11) SBI Magnum Medium Duration Fund-D-G ...........This is for longer hold as it has Exit Load if redeemed within 1 year
12) SBI Magnum Income Fund D-G ....This has exit load if redeemed within 1 year so it is for > 1 year hold.

The above are the funds where I have parked my funds......these are no recommendations. These are selected based on my holding horizon,Funds performance,exit load,Fund expenses etc. These is risk in debt funds too. So investors should do their own analysis of funds, investment duration,risk associated etc before investing. Spread your investments to spread the risk.

Smart_trade

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
The debt funds in which I have parked my funds for short time till the better opportunity comes for re-deployment are as under :

1) Birla Sunlife Corporate Bonds Fund -Direct-Growth
2) HDFC short term Debt fund-D-G
3)HDFC Corporate Bonds Funds-D-G
4) HDFC Medium Duration Debt Fund-D-G
5) ICICI Prudential Ultra Short Term Fund-D-G
6) ICICI Pru Retirement Fund-D-G
7) Kotak Dynamic Bond Fund -D-G
8) Kotak Bonds ST Fund -D-G
9) Axis Dynamic Bonds Fund -D-G
10) Axis ST Fund D-G
11) SBI Magnum Medium Duration Fund-D-G ...........This is for longer hold as it has Exit Load if redeemed within 1 year
12) SBI Magnum Income Fund D-G ....This has exit load if redeemed within 1 year so it is for > 1 year hold.

The above are the funds where I have parked my funds......these are no recommendations. These are selected based on my holding horizon,Funds performance,exit load,Fund expenses etc. These is risk in debt funds too. So investors should do their own analysis of funds, investment duration,risk associated etc before investing. Spread your investments to spread the risk.

Smart_trade
Why ST'da sitting on cash in this raging bull market.

Why ST'da sitting on cash in this raging bull market.
I still have plenty of funds invested in equity.But as per prudent asset allocation policy which I follow, one should be reducing his equity exposure as the market goes up by booking profits from equity and move to debt. As the market goes down in corrections, increase equity exposure and reduce debt exposure . Asset allocation is very important in long term investing .I have been doing that all along so I dont go belly up when market crashes, infact that is an opportunity for investors to increase their equity investments. Bull markets or bear markets dont remain forever....after one phase, another phase comes and we have to benefit from both these phases.

In buffet lunch /dinner once our stomach is full ,we keep the plate down without worrying how much food is still left in the bowl.....:D

Last edited:
First trial trade on Kotak Sec. Thing I immediately noticed is they don't have position conv from MIS to NRML and vice versa yet.
Let's see what the contract note looks like EOD.

1.Charting is hopeless but I don't care about charts.
2. Minor irritant that you need to keep 1k minimum balance in trading a/c.
3. Web interface looks good,

Last edited: