Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

When the Vix is above 20, the options tend to get wiped out in a whipsaw, when the vix is below 20, the options only seem to lose premium. So, intraday option trading is a very tough game.
very tough indeed :DD

some ppl are in/out managing trade very frequently and probably like it. I prefer taking a trade and sitting back without thinking too much. Maybe not suitable for such a style.
An example is someone like IT Jegan who could punch a few hundred orders in a day.

travi

@travi , @dpksingh571 , how do you guess the intraday trend ?

I rely a lot on adx(14) on 15 minutes. One gets a trending day about twice a week.
Just PA and using the TD setup level.
Above prev 4D Close( sometimes 3D as early reversal sign ) level in Sell setup always looking for Buy-on-dip even if it is mildly red day. Basically no shorts.
And vice-versa if we are in Buy setup, then preference only to short rallies. no longs.

This keeps me out of guessing game :)

Just PA and using the TD setup level.
Above prev 4D Close( sometimes 3D as early reversal sign ) level in Sell setup always looking for Buy-on-dip even if it is mildly red day. Basically no shorts.
And vice-versa if we are in Buy setup, then preference only to short rallies.

This keeps me out of guessing game :)
The timeframe for TD is ... daily ? Does it work well for intraday setup ?

travi

The timeframe for TD is ... daily ? Does it work well for intraday setup ?
yes Daily.
Its the same logic as employed by other systems. We always refer to HTF to get major trend.
And since we are trading the trend, better to stick with it.

So here, im using Daily setup counts that creates a dynamic level everyday and above that we are bullish and below bearish. That way there is no confusion and no scope of taking contra trades.

Then intra you are on your own using PA :)