Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Sidz

FIIs have pumped in Rs 12975 Cr in cash market net buying and they are net positive in 7 trading days out of 8 in Jan 2021......this inflow is in addition to over Rs 48000 Cr in Dec 2020 and 65000 Cr in Nov 2020....with so much money pouring, the correction looks far away.....
Imagine the quantum when it goes out of the markets. That too with algo trades in place.

For me, I would wait and watch. Instead of fear of missing out.

travi

Imagine the quantum when it goes out of the markets. That too with algo trades in place.

ppl doing that since 10-11K, just watching :DD ( kab girega, kab girega... )

Instead buy and keep SL and trail/part book. 3-4K points is not small( NS ).
And no sign of reversal yet.
In 2017 also i remember similar scenario after 2016-end dip was missed. Ppl could not deploy till 2018 and that too half-heartedly in nbfc crisis.
Then from there midcap/smallcap kept going southwards.

Difficult to catch top-bottom all the time, better to stick with trend.

Wait and watch till next bear market bottom to buy ? At 7500 nifty, people were sure of 6000....at 10000 they were sure that nifty will go to 7500 to retest the bottom....so they did not buy......at 12400 they were sure that the market will make a double top and fall........at 14600 they are still waiting.........

Best is at some point accept that the market is not coming down and buy...and keep a stoploss...if stoploss is hit, so be it else you have caught the upmove......and enjoy the upmove by trailing your stops up/partial profit booking.

But everyone should follow a strategy to suit his comfort level.....

travi

SEBI | Interim Order dated January 13, 2021 In the matter of CNBC Awaaz “Stock 20-20” Show co-hosted by Mr. Hemant Ghai

https://www.sebi.gov.in/enforcement...0-show-co-hosted-by-mr-hemant-ghai_48743.html

Source: Official SEBI

3.3. It was observed that Ms. Jaya Hemant Ghai and Ms. Shyam Mohini Ghai have undertaken a large number of Buy-Today- Sell - Tomorrow (“BTST”) trades during the Relevant Period in synchronization with the recommendations made in the Show.
Shares were bought on the previous day to the recommendations being made on the stock 20-20 show and sold immediately on the recommendation day.

3.6 ... have prima facie earned proceeds amounting to Rs. 2,95,18,680/- ...
Tipsters aka tricksters nabbed.

Last edited:
Hemant Ghai is an anchor in CNBC Awaz......if he has done such a thing, he should be banned from capital markets.....but anyone making Rs 2.95 Cr looks difficult to believe by frontrunning such orders......

Demat and Bank accounts of Hemant Ghai, his wife Ms Jaya Hemant Ghai and his mother Ms Sham Mohini Ghai are frozen by SEBI.......Poori family lagi thee kya is kaam mein ??Income Tax Dept should also start its investigation into these accounts.

Last edited:

travi

Hemant Ghai is an anchor in CNBC Awaz......if he has done such a thing, he should be banned from capital markets.....but anyone making Rs 2.95 Cr looks difficult to believe by frontrunning such orders......
That's a very detailed doc, showing frequent patterns.
Let's await the judgement.

But just front running is in itself an unfair practice without declaring stance to their audience.

Haven't read the whole document, but not really surprised at the news. Why ? I found a long time ago not to trust the TV shows much.

I wonder who complained about it. I wonder if there would be any criminal complaint.

It's a repeat of the TRP scam, in a way.

Some of the world’s biggest banks are urging a U.S. judge not to immediately terminate Libor after a group of borrowers filed a suit claiming the benchmark was the work of a “price-fixing cartel.” The defendants, including JPMorgan, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank, said in a November filing that abruptly ending the London interbank offered rate would wreak havoc on financial markets and undermine reforming the reference rate. Policy makers around the globe have been developing new benchmarks to replace Libor by the end of 2021, and in November, officials proposed an extension for some dollar Libor tenors until mid-2023. Here's more on why ditching Libor is a complex task.