Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

regarding this post of travi bhai - https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-trading-stocks-futures.89068/page-10360#post-1435848

It turned out that this huge volume was because of MSCI Rebalance issue.

https://www.timesnownews.com/amp/vi...ebalance-today-stocks-in-focus-27th-nov/82202

But what I do not understand is that the MSCI announced the list of additions and deletions on November 11, 2020 itself. And it was clear that a lot of buying selling will need to be done into the stocks which got added or deleted.

1. Then why do these guys wait for the last 30 minutes of the LAST DAY for doing these huge size transactions? They could have done this anytime earlier as well, no one would have stopped them from doing so, then why wait for the last 30 minutes of the last day?
2. And how do they find the willing counter parties to take the opposite sides of these Very Huge Size Trades? What benefit does the counter party gets in such deals, as the price movement is nothing, in comparison of the respective volume sizes involved?
All these points are very puzzling and I am not being to figure out the exact reasons for the same.

If you have any idea about this, then please do let us know.

And I have seen such Abnormally huge volume activity happening in the last 30 minutes, on some normal Monthly FnO Expiry Dates as well. This does not happen every time, but sometimes it happens. Is this done to somehow take the Index to their desired levels, in order to get the monthly settlement at their favorable price level ? If I am not wrong, then I think there was some probe from SEBI some time back, regarding Banknifty Manipulation on expiry dates by doing huge volumes into the banking stocks.

Thanks and best regards
I dont think that abnormal volume in the context is so abnormal.

Its a rebalance, so deletions / reduce weightage would've also been there so different entities would have been doing it for weeks.
It looked more like the last batch of everything and some late runners who would've have cleared everything like a slow running algo behind time.

Never traded it but i do track it occassionally. Back in 2009-10 was trying to mine it but it never went anywhere :DD
Had i've known better back then, would've probably retired by now.
Who would have thought at that time that Bitcoin will rise to such heights! In those days, it was not really a traders favorite, instead it was used by Techies for privacy and anonymity reasons etc.

Then once it caught the fancy of Tading Community, there was no looking back. Some theories even say that the so called Rouge Nations from American Perspective, like Iran and North Korea etc. played a big role in Bitcoin Saga, as they started to use it circumvent the Sanctions imposed by America. I am not sure, if there is any truth is behind this or if the Bitcoin Rally is fulled by Individual Traders itself, without the role of these Big National Interests.

Looking to add Divis Lab to my long position in the stock in the portfolio.......but it could open with a large gap in which case will wait for it to cool down....

Long list of stocks hitting new highs today......