Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
MCX Crude is up for a big move if unable to close above 3350 on daily closing basis. CMP 3319 odd. Major downside possible in coming weeks. Fly on the face of exit from covid pandemic and upsurge in business activities. But purely technical setup (that I follow) - suggest short term pain. Let see. 3350 is the Laxman Rekha - view negated completely and would be time to switch over to bull camp. (file this post, will revisit in few days)

iwillwin

MCX Crude is up for a big move if unable to close above 3350 on daily closing basis. CMP 3319 odd. Major downside possible in coming weeks. Fly on the face of exit from covid pandemic and upsurge in business activities. But purely technical setup (that I follow) - suggest short term pain. Let see. 3350 is the Laxman Rekha - view negated completely and would be time to switch over to bull camp. (file this post, will revisit in few days)
may be then paint stocks will gain again

In effect there's going to be only one margin --NRML. Right? Instead of the 7k or so intraday for BN futures it's going to be 1.59 lakhs for all BN futures positions. Definitely intraday trading volume will reduce.
Brokers' income will go down. Tax revenue will go down.
But many newbies will be saved from losing money.
From 1st Dec, 25% of upfront margin only required..so around 40k for BNF intraday

travi

regarding this post of travi bhai - https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-trading-stocks-futures.89068/page-10360#post-1435848

It turned out that this huge volume was because of MSCI Rebalance issue.

https://www.timesnownews.com/amp/vi...ebalance-today-stocks-in-focus-27th-nov/82202

But what I do not understand is that the MSCI announced the list of additions and deletions on November 11, 2020 itself. And it was clear that a lot of buying selling will need to be done into the stocks which got added or deleted.

1. Then why do these guys wait for the last 30 minutes of the LAST DAY for doing these huge size transactions? They could have done this anytime earlier as well, no one would have stopped them from doing so, then why wait for the last 30 minutes of the last day?
2. And how do they find the willing counter parties to take the opposite sides of these Very Huge Size Trades? What benefit does the counter party gets in such deals, as the price movement is nothing, in comparison of the respective volume sizes involved?
All these points are very puzzling and I am not being to figure out the exact reasons for the same.

If you have any idea about this, then please do let us know.

And I have seen such Abnormally huge volume activity happening in the last 30 minutes, on some normal Monthly FnO Expiry Dates as well. This does not happen every time, but sometimes it happens. Is this done to somehow take the Index to their desired levels, in order to get the monthly settlement at their favorable price level ? If I am not wrong, then I think there was some probe from SEBI some time back, regarding Banknifty Manipulation on expiry dates by doing huge volumes into the banking stocks.

Thanks and best regards