Day Trading Stocks & Futures

An individual trader is reported to have lost Rs 95 L in a single session. He made Rs 77 L in a single day earlier and both these things are posted by him on Twitter. On a losing day at one point he was down by some 1.7 Cr which he managed to bring it down to 95 L. Huge ups and downs...wonder all things like stoploss, take defined risk,cut your losses fast etc go out of the window on such huge profit/loss days. I dont follow twitter but an article I was reading took me to these posts.......very scary stuff like a horror movie.....is paar ya us paar type......one cannot do it as a steady business for sure....wonder if they have capital sufficient to stomach such large swings.

May God bless these traders and keep them safe .......
Good Evening ST Sir
The trader you are talking about use clients money to trade.It has shown very big profit & loss days.Its not his money,so he can take that risk & show off.
Despite that, by showing this high profits , he has been taking online classes to train people.25 K-50 K from each people.I never understand the person who is earning in crores why will he give those millionaire trading idea for 25k.
I am more surprised by those students who take admission in those classes thinking they will be earning in millions after those classes.
If I were that system which can earn in crores, I will sell my all assets & trade that system , busy in earning money , than giving classes .
I think Govt & SEBI should keep in check on those teachers also.As They are not coming in category of financial planner or portfolio manager.They are just looting public.there are so many so called millionaire trader who will eventually go to teaching only.They are mushrooming in twitter a lot nowadays.
thanks

travi

Good Evening ST Sir
The trader you are talking about use clients money to trade.It has shown very big profit & loss days.Its not his money,so he can take that risk & show off.
Despite that, by showing this high profits , he has been taking online classes to train people.25 K-50 K from each people.I never understand the person who is earning in crores why will he give those millionaire trading idea for 25k.
I am more surprised by those students who take admission in those classes thinking they will be earning in millions after those classes.
If I were that system which can earn in crores, I will sell my all assets & trade that system , busy in earning money , than giving classes .
I think Govt & SEBI should keep in check on those teachers also.As They are not coming in category of financial planner or portfolio manager.They are just looting public.there are so many so called millionaire trader who will eventually go to teaching only.They are mushrooming in twitter a lot nowadays.
thanks
It has always been around, to charge for training/teaching while still making a lot of money and it applies in many other contexts.
The idea I want to convey is that one has to research to find out if paying a particular person is worth the time and money.

An individual trader is reported to have lost Rs 95 L in a single session. He made Rs 77 L in a single day earlier and both these things are posted by him on Twitter. On a losing day at one point he was down by some 1.7 Cr which he managed to bring it down to 95 L. Huge ups and downs...wonder all things like stoploss, take defined risk,cut your losses fast etc go out of the window on such huge profit/loss days. I dont follow twitter but an article I was reading took me to these posts.......very scary stuff like a horror movie.....is paar ya us paar type......one cannot do it as a steady business for sure....wonder if they have capital sufficient to stomach such large swings.

Hi
Totally agree with you.Reward should be count on the risk.If I put my risk at 50 % of capital.I can double my capital on every trade.& can also finished my capital on 2 trades.
Whenever some trader talk about their return, my question is always that how much is your RISK?..That R should determine your Reward & return.
If your R is 5% of capital, Then R is 5, you can make 10% in one trade.So Newbie traders &general public doesnot understand that we should not see return in RUPEE terms.It should be always in R terms.
I dont think the trader who doesnt follow simple rules of Putting SL, decide risk per trade & other basic points which is ABC of trading.Those teachers are training people & pity on those people who is taking training from them.God bless both of them
thanks

It has always been around, to charge for training/teaching while still making a lot of money and it applies in many other contexts.
The idea I want to convey is that one has to research to find out if paying a particular person is worth the time and money.
Hi Ravi Bro
I completelly agree with you.But somehow I still observe that teaching money is more than their trading income if they put their own capital.
If you are good trader, make money on your capital.Then start portfolio managing service & earn more.
We all know that not every trader can earn money from trading.Even If I want to teach, I will teach for free.It will never allow my consicence to fool people when I know 95% will loose money.Not everything which is legally right , can also be morally right.
Anyways, everybody has its own opinion.
Thanks

one more thing to add Ravi Bhai
Its ok to teach some new skill to others for a fees.as we pay tution fees for coaching & other academic pursuits.But they are charging a bomb.I find most of them as failed traders.
Frankly speaking, There is no secret of market.Market is never about system or method.Its just fooling people.Market is mostly about Risk management, management & your psychological ability to take risks.Nobody can teach it.its self learning procedure.
Thanks

travi

one more thing to add Ravi Bhai
Its ok to teach some new skill to others for a fees.as we pay tution fees for coaching & other academic pursuits.But they are charging a bomb.I find most of them as failed traders.
Frankly speaking, There is no secret of market.Market is never about system or method.Its just fooling people.Market is mostly about Risk management, management & your psychological ability to take risks.Nobody can teach it.its self learning procedure.
Thanks
1. i understand every point you are making,
2. I also "imagine" what you are trying to insinuate
3. that is why my answer was not supposed to be a diplomatic one.

Again re-iterating, It is upon each individual to research and gauge whether it is worth paying an X amount for Y training.

To make it clear, a very rich guy who inherited crazy and didn't know what stocks are, can pay a weak Trainer and still come out and say "Oh, I've learnt a lot, awesome Training, and i loved the food/drinks at the Event. Z fees? that was peanuts :)".

You may reply, but i don't intend to drag the issue in response. We have to look fwd to live mkt tomo.

true, but on the flip side I sure would like to be in a financial position where I can casually talk about losing 95lakhs in a single session :D

Some welcome decisions by RBI panel recommendations:

1) Corporates are allowed to apply for banking licence..... L&T,Bajaj could show interest. Reliance already has a payment bank licence...they can go for lending bank after 3 years. We need some good corporates to get into banking and run the banks efficiently. We need few more solid private banks than HDFC Bank and Kotak Bank.They should keep the group companies at arms length while lending to make better corporate governance. But this will be extremely difficult to monitor as corporates will find ways and means and structures to help their own companies ,so strict rules necessary.

2) Promotors holding in private bank increased to 26% from 15 % currently.

Smart_trade

HDFC Bank December 2020 1200 PE and 1600 CE gives total about Rs 14.......looking to enter(sell) into this trade. For Nov I did HDFC Bank 1200/1500 strangle sell and was comfortable....Nifty strangle(sell) for Nov was 10000/14000 ,that was also home safely....For Dec looking for 10000/15000.....

Last edited: