Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

I wish to create a market watch (NestTrader) of some 100/150 scrips
How to create it, in an easy way
Thanks
i haven't used NEST in probably two years or so, but if you add a couple of scrips and select export, it will do so in a certain format.
If you share the format name of the file, i can search for it bcos i had backup of them which i imported after 2-3 crashes.

Im finding it hard to locate what those exported MW list names were, but if i get a hint i can try again.

Also, as far as I recall, you wont be able to do all at once. There was limit of 30 per MW. So you need to import 4 or 5 times, 30 per MW.

Edit: I found MarketWatch.ini file, but this is direct exch encoded scrip list which can also work provided you replaced them. Mostly top 150 in it.

Last edited:
i haven't used NEST in probably two years or so, but if you add a couple of scrips and select export, it will do so in a certain format.
If you share the format name of the file, i can search for it bcos i had backup of them which i imported after 2-3 crashes.

Im finding it hard to locate what those exported MW list names were, but if i get a hint i can try again.

Also, as far as I recall, you wont be able to do all at once. There was limit of 30 per MW. So you need to import 4 or 5 times, 30 per MW.

Edit: I found MarketWatch.ini file, but this is direct exch encoded scrip list which can also work provided you replaced them. Mostly top 150 in it.
Thanks bro,
I have a list of mix of N50, Next50 and Midcap50 scrips in .txt / .csv
Please share that .ini file. let me see, if it works.

btw, afaik there is no limit of scrips per MW (atleast for 100/150 scrips in a single tab of MW)

travi

Thanks bro,
I have a list of mix of N50, Next50 and Midcap50 scrips in .txt / .csv
Please share that .ini file. let me see, if it works.

btw, afaik there is no limit of scrips per MW (atleast for 100/150 scrips in a single tab of MW)
Just pm a test, but will send in the morning. All shutdown for now.

An individual trader is reported to have lost Rs 95 L in a single session. He made Rs 77 L in a single day earlier and both these things are posted by him on Twitter. On a losing day at one point he was down by some 1.7 Cr which he managed to bring it down to 95 L. Huge ups and downs...wonder all things like stoploss, take defined risk,cut your losses fast etc go out of the window on such huge profit/loss days. I dont follow twitter but an article I was reading took me to these posts.......very scary stuff like a horror movie.....is paar ya us paar type......one cannot do it as a steady business for sure....wonder if they have capital sufficient to stomach such large swings.

May God bless these traders and keep them safe .......

Last edited:

lemondew

Use rtd excel. Just get the list of scripts put in one column. Write formulas in other columns and copy paste. For all fno list just get the list and it should be available in 15 minutes. Instead of nest data will be in excel.

I wish to create a market watch (NestTrader) of some 100/150 scrips
How to create it, in an easy way
Thanks