Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

hi
Future is always better when trade as options prices moves very weird even with ITM.SO fuly agree with you on every point.
I also used to do Futures but need to switch to Options.you said tax/overheads difference is negligiable.But option trading cost is much lesser than Future.you can trade option on 1/10 rate of future cost.Or AM I missing something?
Thanks
Fut cant beat Options on every point which is known but if you can compare the costs and see if it is worth the peace of mind then that is what i'm trying to convey.
Some broker has 20/order and reasonable margin.
Another has 0 brokerage and huge margin requirements.
Full service might kill you on all costs.
It depends on Broker too but excluding Brokerage, STT/Exch costs are more than affordable for Fut with the benefits it brings.

Most if not all have so far agreed so its worth pursuing the idea if your system buys options but you're facing option pricing problems like theta, vega, liquidity etc otherwise one can continue.

[ context : this discussion relates solely to buying options for intraday directional trading esp when thinking of replacing OTM with ITM and suggestion to use Fut instead ]

Last edited:

raju.vzm

I am not investing in FD because I will need this liquidity when the opportunity comes for deployment.At the right opportunity I will deploy the money in markets only. I have invested in IDFC First Bank savings account and short term debt funds in several debt funds...also I am selling out of the money straddles and HDFC bank Rs 1200 Nov puts to deploy my funds ...so far it is fine but when I liquidate my portfolio further, then deploying surplus funds with least risk will pose a challenge....lets see how it goes further.....
How about liquid funds

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk

travi

How about liquid funds

Raju bhai, nahi samje aap :DD

liquid bees < overnight fund < liquid fund < ultra-short term fund => in terms of returns.

Now ST sir is figuring out the extra mileage( % ), so imagine the corpus :D if its for 5-6 months.
Difference may probably buy you a small car :DD

raju.vzm

Raju bhai, nahi samje aap :DD

liquid bees < overnight fund < liquid fund < ultra-short term fund => in terms of returns.

Now ST sir is figuring out the extra mileage( % ), so imagine the corpus :D if its for 5-6 months.
Difference may probably buy you a small car :DD
Thanks,, btw don't remind me about that ultra short term funds, still my money stuck in Franklin ultra short bond fund..

My intention was only to see if I can get some more avenues of parking my funds because last 2-3 days I am spending most of my time in studying the debt funds,their returns,any lock in, expense ratio,AUM ,Funds portfolio etc etc......as I have to limit my max exposure per fund to a certain limit as debt funds are also not totally risk free and if something goes wrong, I take a small dent.....Franklin Templeton Ultra Short Term Fund I have taken a temporary hit......and it can happen with any other fund too.....we have to always balance risks and returns and take some risks which are fully understood and accepted.

I thank everyone for their suggestions.....

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Fut cant beat Options on every point which is known but if you can compare the costs and see if it is worth the peace of mind then that is what i'm trying to convey.
Some broker has 20/order and reasonable margin.
Another has 0 brokerage and huge margin requirements.
Full service might kill you on all costs.
It depends on Broker too but excluding Brokerage, STT/Exch costs are more than affordable for Fut with the benefits it brings.

Most if not all have so far agreed so its worth pursuing the idea if your system buys options but you're facing option pricing problems like theta, vega, liquidity etc otherwise one can continue.

[ context : this discussion relates solely to buying options for intraday directional trading esp when thinking of replacing OTM with ITM and suggestion to use Fut instead ]
Ravi bhai nobody is paying attention to the fact that you said futures FOR INTRADAY. Simply arguing options vs futures. Why not people create synthetic futures. Sell put buy call will take care of theta and bring cost basis down

Ravi bhai nobody is paying attention to the fact that you said futures FOR INTRADAY. Simply arguing options vs futures. Why not people create synthetic futures. Sell put buy call will take care of theta and bring cost basis down
For which strike ?