Day Trading Stocks & Futures

While daytrading, I was always monitoring the trend in one step higher and trading along with the trend, so I was taking decisions as the market unfolded but always in direction of the trend......

I have been investing for long term for over 10-12 years now....I have some stocks which were bought 20 years ago with very small investment amounts ( few hundred Rs ) and they have now become multibaggers ( few Lakhs Rs )......but for long term investing one needs capital and as initially I used to be on shoe string capital, I had to daytrade for generating capital and run my home on trading income....but as the capital grew,I started investing larger sums in long term investing. I never had a lifetime ambition of being a daytrader all my life and definately wanted to move to longer term investing when the capital gets accumalated.

I had an accident in 2016 and the doctors told me that I cannot sit in front of the terminal throughout the day I need to take rest after every 2-3 hours.So in that period I concentrated on long term investing and reduced my daytrading. The market was kind to me and that year my profit by investing was many times more than my daytrading profits with 20 % efforts. So now I daytrade in stocks where I have long term investments and I feed the orders and relax, do my reading, study of companies during the day. I still daytrade but that is mainly because I enjoy it, I have no compulsion to daytrade for earning money.....So the accident proved to be a blessing in disguise and long term investing is what I do these days.....though I am not a value investor, I invest in good companies with sound fundamentals, clean management ,and a growth trajectory.

Smart_trade
i appreciate that you spend time to explain things in detail when you are not obligated to do so. You are definitely an inspiration and motivation. Thanks a lot for your reply.