Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

Those who have seen “Scam 1992” the big healthy youngster who earlier is shown as bear and in end turns “value investors” is Dhamani.

In 1992, Harshad Mehta scam came to light where he was manipulating the stock price of Apollo Tyres. RK Damani caught an eye on the same, and to beat Mehta, he short-sell the stock. Eventually, this battle led to a downfall of Mehta and the rise of RK Damani as a value investor.

In short Damani made money in 1992 mkt crash
"Damani was reportedly the largest individual shareholder of HDFC Bank after it went public in 1995".
Quoting from Wiki.

I guess RJ's Titan and RK's Hdfcbank bets ( call it whatever one wants ) paid-off handsomely :)

Dmart, closed 2 stores... which might explain stock wasn’t going high with nifty recently

View attachment 44548
Yes, I read about Mira road store when I was digging about during the discussion with travi sir... It didn't even strike me as a cause for fall because that just meant they are preparing for an online presence...

EDIT: Just adding in...
Avenue Supermarts Q2 results: Profit drops 38% to Rs 199 crore, margin contracts 240 bps to 6.2%

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Some people can never be pleased. Complaining about hdfc bank growing by 17% instead of usual 20% !!

In such time if bank is growing its good sign for the bank and investors
Ignore people complaining about HDFC bank or any other scrip. We as investors take our own decisions to make money from our investments.So these people complaining should not make any difference to us. We should only decide whether the management is clean, the company has longer runway for growth and strong moat around it and we will make money from our investments.

Many wrote the obituary of HDFC bank due to Corona saying they will have high NPAs,lower profitability,lower growth and the top person retiring...but bank is proving its critics wrong.It is certain that in next few years public sector banks will lose their market share and which banks will gain that share ? All other public sector banks are hard pressed for fresh funds and Govt is in fiscal tight situation to fund them any more....so who will grab this share ?? Is it going to be already struggling ( and merging ) public sector banks and small coop banks or private banks like HDFC bank and Kotak Bank ?? The answer is clear to me......and the country cannot grow unless the banking sector grows.

I remember having added to my position in HDFC bank in the last week of March 2020...and I am still holding it with over 40 % already made on that.....so why worry about who says what.....

Smart_trade

In our country making money from investing is pretty easy.....every 2 years we get a big correction for various reasons.....so wait patiently and buy Asian Paints,Berger Paints,Pidilite, Bajaj Finance,HDFC twins,Nestle,TCS in the correction and you will comfortably make a very handsome returns with minimum risk . 1-2 may lag but others will compensate for them.......no need of doing some fancy dancing of buying some unknown stocks which is supposed to be a cheap stock but future multibagger unless its growth trajectory convinces us about the merits of the company....

Last edited: