Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

This analysis is nice, but done after 3:30 pm. If only we were alerted at 12 noon and at 2 pm that would have been helpful.
Actually, I traded both these moves in Nifty but not in Bank Nifty.
In the first trade, I had to do it in 3 laps as the target was not easy to set. I could not guess, how far it could go.
In the second trade, I exited when I faced the first two red bars which represent pull back. In the Bank Nifty chart that you published that equivalent is at Rs. 217. So, I could not capture the entire run.
I captured part of the PE move, although it was completely speculative. Entered around 11:50 AM and exited little before 1 PM. Then the big move came. The whipsaw move from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM was missed by me.

Let see next time will try to post at the time itself..

Yeah.... after hours of being boxed in and sliding down, no usual trader would be in a frame of mind to risk a trade on a whipsaw upmove

Needs an unusual trader to risk it.
Where there is risk there is reward :) The main aim should be to capture the big moves, even if there is a slight delayed entry.

The intention was only to show what is possible for an aggressive trader.:up:

sridhga

Yeah.... after hours of being boxed in and sliding down, no usual trader would be in a frame of mind to risk a trade on a whipsaw upmove

View attachment 44304

Needs an unusual trader to risk it.

Fully agree with your view. It would appear like a whipsaw if you are continuously looking at the charts with a position in the market.
But myself and @Raj232 were not in the trade earlier. These are the only trades we had planned and taken for this week. We were actually waiting for this move. This move is not totally surprising, since, it is the monthly expiry with Asia in the red in morning and Europe in the green in the afternoon, and, such factors thrown into the game.

Price action traders, especially, those who read Al Brooks may spot such moves.

Last edited: