Day Trading Stocks & Futures

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Sir I was referring to the money in the HDFC Bank, not invested in the shares
Oh, don't go that far, currently HDFC Bank is the safest to park your money in.
If stock is safe, bank deposit is definitely safe.

Vivek

:D:D I am not great like you say, I also make enough and more mistakes.
My method is not mechanical. In fact many do not even like it because it is emotional rather then mechanical. ( so i can't back test it)
There is a brief document on approximately how i trade which was magnanimously compiled by @sanju005ind in my signature. it is still a fluid method and i keep changing it dynamically. but the one thing i learnt is immaterial of what your strategy is, if you have seen it work over a period of time and seen it giving results put your faith in it and trade. simple as that. I do not follow many strategies, I use gann levels in the morning for my exits and stops. entries are dynamic.( there is a method in my order placing which i wrote in earlier posts)

Sir, you are great.

How did you get the belief in your system? Is it due to backtesting or experience in trading with it?

If you don't mind, is your system mechanical? I am having a problem with my discretionary system, of course, the problem lies in me
"

lemondew

Yes thats cool I was talking to a fellow trader and its he who told me about the fall. Yeah i too enjoyed the fall without doing anything.

In my last so many years Paise bane ya na bane rules banake rakh liye.
Though, part 2 of the post, I did NOT short even such an obvious fall, as my system does not permit me to take fresh positions after 2 pm. So, we both, me and my son, watched the markets fall.... It was fun ...

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Oh, don't go that far, currently HDFC Bank is the safest to park your money in.
If stock is safe, bank deposit is definitely safe.

Vivek
Adding to Dr saab's response if you are worried about the money in HDFC Bank, That means there is a hell of a bigger problem than your money. Banking system will be in severe doldrums .

midhoo

faith in your strategy and system. i know that when i was posting about market going down, and the market was trying to go up a lot of people must have secretly laughed. but since i had been consistently seeing the activity at lower levels i knew it will go down. every time the market went up i just added to my position.

believe in your system and follow it. it will give you fruits. i had 4 positions , 2 in bank nifty 22400 at 303 sold 596, and 22200 pe.( carryover from yesterday at 288 sold at 488, nifty 11500 pe at 71 sold at 118 , i also took 6 rs from rel;icance 2320 pe first and again 8 rs in a second trade.

its only because i have absolute faith in my system, even when it goes against me ( which i safeguard with stops. ) my profits are usually 3-4 times my stops. so even if it works 50% of the time. i still make good.
Great. Can you please elaborate what you mean by activity? volume going up?

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
:D:D I am not great like you say, I also make enough and more mistakes.
My method is not mechanical. In fact many do not even like it because it is emotional rather then mechanical. ( so i can't back test it)
There is a brief document on approximately how i trade which was magnanimously compiled by @sanju005ind in my signature. it is still a fluid method and i keep changing it dynamically. but the one thing i learnt is immaterial of what your strategy is, if you have seen it work over a period of time and seen it giving results put your faith in it and trade. simple as that. I do not follow many strategies, I use gann levels in the morning for my exits and stops. entries are dynamic.( there is a method in my order placing which i wrote in earlier posts)

"
As Dr.Van Tharp et all has mentioned. You dont trade the market. You trade your beliefs.